ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Home Page Visitors

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/28/12 10:04 AM Views: 1651 Replies: 14
Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I would like to have a listing of the number of home page visitors to our website right on our home page. I know that you have that number under the Statistics button. Can I make a link from my home page right to that number, so that the current number appears right on the home page?
Thanks,
Bill King
Haverford62.com

Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 10:35 AM - Response #1

put $homepage_hits$ in the text somewhere on your home page

See this forum....
http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....25F-3C9012E5B7F64C70

Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 11:35 AM - Response #2

Thanks, Bill, for asking that question. And thanks, Kyle, for the answer! Just added that info on our Home Page.

Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 3:31 PM - Response #3

I just did the same thing and it worked!

How do you put music on the homepage so that it turns on when you hit the page, without having to hit a button.
Barbara Idea

Edited 01/28/12 3:31 PM
Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 4:00 PM - Response #4

When you get the codes for the music player, it should have an "AutoStart" option. turn on the autostart before you get the codes.

Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 4:41 PM - Response #5

Kyle- When choosing a song on playlist I can't seem to find the code. Everything I've tried doesn't seem to work. Can you give me an example of what the source code should look like?
I'd like to create what Barbara is after.
Thanks, John

Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 5:01 PM - Response #6

On Playlist.com after you have created your playlist, there should be a button that says GET SOURCE. I have never used playlist.com, so I am not sure exactly what it is called.

Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 5:12 PM - Response #7

Thanks, Kyle. Playlist doesn't seem to be the easiest to work with but I'm sure it's mostly on my end. Maybe someone else can walk me through it or suggest I try someplace other than playlist.
John

Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 8:32 PM - Response #8

Awesome, Kyle.
It seems so simple when one knows what to do (like you). I'll let you know how it works out. Just have to go buy the I-Pod first.
Barbara

Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 9:48 PM - Response #9

NOTE: This counter uses a cookie to make sure that hits counted are limited to one hit per visitor per day. This means that reloading the home page will not increase the count more than one time per day.

I posted it on our web page in announcements before they log-in. Does it still count those who don't log-in?

Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 3:37 AM - Response #10

Kyle (or anyone else with an answer),
I think this would have something for an answer similar to the 'hit'count of daily visitors. I put a 'countdown' on my homepage, counting backwards from today down to the day of the Reunion. Is there a way to automatically activate the countdown daily, like counting the daily visitors? Like maybe $homepage_days$ or something like that?
Thanks, Barbara

Edited 01/29/12 3:41 AM
Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 12:18 PM - Response #11

Thank you!! I put the link in and it works beautifully!Razz
Care to take a look, http://www.ephsclassof62.com

Monday, January 30, 2012 at 11:48 AM - Response #12

Because there is no fixed place in our system where the date of a reunion event is stored (and the possibility of more than one event, though at present not concurrently), the notion of a countdown timer would require more structure. However, there is a snippet of code you can place on the source view of your page which will return the number of days between today and a specified date:

In the code snippet, replace the values 2012,6,5 with the four-digit year, month (minus 1) and day of your event, and the interim number of days will be displayed on your page at whatever spot you put the snippet.

For example, the snippet shows the days between today and May 5th, 2012. Remember to use the month number minus one.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 at 7:29 AM - Response #13

Thanks. I will try it right now. Is there any simple answer to why "minus one" must be inserted/.
Barbara

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 at 8:11 AM - Response #14

because it is zero based - january = 0

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.