ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

You Must be Logged in to View...

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 01/23/09 07:54 PM Views: 1313 Replies: 4
Friday, January 23, 2009 at 7:54 PM

When I attempt to view a Classmate's (locked) profile, the system says "Sorry, you must be logged in as a member of this class to view this Profile. Please log in from the home page" with a link to the "home page". After logging in, I must then click "Classmate Profiles" and again select the classmate.

When I come to Help Forums and attempt to post without having logged in, a "login" screen appears, I log in and then am taken to where I wanted to go in the first place.

Suggestion: (and it may have been made before) Have all "you must be logged in" pages / functions do the same type of thing.
--- Count me amongst the laziness crowd!!! And, one with a short memory!

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 8:13 PM - Response #1

It has been on the list since September 24th.

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?threadid=950999D5-1422-B04B-5E26C3BC48B47BD3

PS. Great minds think alike!

Edited 01/23/09 8:14 PM
Friday, January 23, 2009 at 8:27 PM - Response #2

Oh DUH! I thought I'd read it somewhere before, must have been your post!!! While for an oldster, I'm pretty good at figuring out search arguments to get me what I want to know, I couldn't find it! As I'm sure you're aware, the subjects on the "Title's" are sometimes WAY TOO generic... things like "HELP", "SUGGESTION", etc. And, I'm sure few people would think to search on the "Title" / Subject I wrote!

Thanks for letting me know!

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 10:14 PM - Response #3

If you're not logged in and you try to access a password protected site page other than a Profile, and you type in either your own personal password or the system password, the system does in fact return you to the page you were trying to access.

In this case, you're browsing Classmate Profiles in a logged out status. I think we assumed that if you're a Classmate that you wouldn't be doing that. So we show a simple message informing the viewer to go log in if they happen to be a Classmate.

If a non logged in viewer hits a locked Classmate Profile, do you think we should bring up the same password protected/login screen that we typically use, instead of the message telling the individual that if they're a Classmate to simply log in? Because that screen is already programmed to go -- after logging in -- wherever the viewer was trying to go.

Why aren't we doing that now? I have no idea... Hmmmmm. I really have no idea. We should probably do that.

Edited 01/23/09 10:18 PM
Friday, January 23, 2009 at 10:46 PM - Response #4

Brad Switzer wrote:

If a non logged in viewer hits a locked Classmate Profile, do you think we should bring up the same password protected/login screen that we typically use, instead of the message telling the individual that if they're a Classmate to simply log in?

Yep. Sometimes folks may access the site without being logged in, see a new profile update, click on it and get the message. This is especially true for classmates with the same e-mail address that have "been bitten" by doing the "Remember Me" thing! We have several of those and I've cautioned them about "Remember Me" (NOT)!!

Brad Switzer wrote:

Why aren't we doing that now? I have no idea... Hmmmmm. I really have no idea. We should probably do that.
.ps - glad to hear you're as human as the rest of us! Wink

Edited 01/23/09 10:49 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.