ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

New Email Address but Invitation Message Still Blocked

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/04/14 10:03 PM Views: 731 Replies: 8
Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 10:03 PM

I found a typo in a classmate's email. I corrected the error in his profile. However, I found that I still could not send an invite message to him, even though the original email address that had bounced was no longer in his profile and the corrected one was. The difference between the two was simply that a "j" had been mistyped as an "l" -- was your system not sensitive enough to see that as a change of address? I went ahead and sent him an invite from my personal email (not via CC), but this was more complicated than it had to be. As I had to cut and paste the message from CC into my email program. Not a huge deal, but it should not be necessary either. I certainly hope that this was a bug, and is not some planned, overly paranoid, privacy issue, which I think is my only major complaint about CC at this juncture.

Edited 02/05/14 10:55 AM
Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM - Response #1

Our system does not allow you to send an email from the system to an email address for someone who has not joined and opted into receiving email from the site. This is a relatively new policy that was released in December. For those members in which you have an email address, but who have not joined and opted in, your only option for contacting these members is to do so via your own private email. Please see the following forum thread for further explanation of the new policy: http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....C17-D1BE5A9AB12A5345

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:38 PM - Response #2

Well, Scott, this is strange. A few weeks ago I sent an original invitation message to all of those for whom I had email addresses. Then several days later I sent a second message to those who hadn't responded to the first one. That second email went to all of those who hadn't responded but excluded those whose emails had bounced on the first attempt. All of this was done inside the CC site. This seemed like a reasonable approach to me. I have no idea why you felt the need to change it, and it obviously was not in effect in January. That second email, by the way, did elicit several new site registrations. This "over controlling" of emails, which seems to have gotten worse and worse, since I signed up just a few weeks ago, would be enough to make me abandon CC altogether, if it wasn't for the fact that I've spent so much time setting up my site.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:48 PM - Response #3

I read your link. I'll see if I can figure out how to setup the new system. It certainly didn't jump up and hit me in the face when I reconfigured some email stuff a few days ago. I do have a fastmail account, and I guess I'll try that in the future for this type of message. -- CJD

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:21 PM - Response #4

Please give it a try and see how it goes.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 4:07 PM - Response #5

Hi Scott,
I have one classmate who we can't seem to get back online. Suzanne Wheeler Gibbs. I have deleted everything and re-installed data and yet she can't get in. Can you see the problem? Thanks, Sue www.paschal69.org

Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 4:24 PM - Response #6

All is set up properly and I was able to log in as her. I do not understand why she is unable to log in. She needs to try using a different computer / device and even internet connection. Success with any other option should point her to where she is having issues and then can begin to figure out why a specific computer / device or internet connection is giving her issues.

Friday, February 28, 2014 at 9:05 PM - Response #7

I tried the new email procedure using my own email account and it worked much better than anticipated! Smile

Monday, March 3, 2014 at 12:35 PM - Response #8

Good to hear Carl. Thanks

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.