ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

emails

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/12/14 08:29 PM Views: 918 Replies: 6
Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 8:29 PM

1. I sent a "In Memory" and have not received the email. I checked with other Members of our committee and they have not received either. I really had to send this out via email because not everyone wants to see them. Is this a known issue or is it unique to our site? Maybe I have something turned off?

2. I have a New Member request and I believe it is a scam. I think they changed the name but I did not get the email that used to come saying the name was changed. Do you still send those email about a name change?

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 8:33 PM - Response #1

One more.

When I looked at editing names there is now a column that says "App" what does this mean?

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 8:53 PM - Response #2

1. What do you mean exactly by sent an In Memory? You posted an In Memory entry and approved it to go out to those who signed up for this Notify Me option? Is that what you're saying?

2) Yes the emails go out to the admin with any name changes. What email provider are you using? Did the email show up at your alternate gmail address?

3) That means you have the Class Connection app active now. Anyone who joins will have a Class Connection icon in the app column from this point forward. If nobody has joined yet then you're only currently seeing the Class Creator icon. This column will tell you whether a classmate has access to your class via the web site, the Facebook app, or both.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 9:25 PM - Response #3

1. Yes, posted IM and never received by either email. Not just me but committee too. This is like the fourth one that was not received.
2. Did not receive name change.
3. OK on app

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 9:29 PM - Response #4

1. You know you've got your on In Memory Notify Me setting set to ONLY notify you about posts from your own graduating class, correct? I'm not sure what account your committee is but what do they have their settings set to? You're only going to get what you sign up to receive.

2. You didn't receive it at your gmail address either you mean? i.e. your alternate email address?

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 9:55 PM - Response #5

1. Fixed. No wonder it was not working. I must have put too much oil on that.
2. I did not receive at my alternate email either. Can you see the pending request what the original name was? Or can you see the email?

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 10:13 PM - Response #6

2. No. The system generates the email and off it goes. No copy of it is retained. Please let me know if it happens again. With email there's always things that can go wrong somewhere, or even with the provider on the other end sometimes, or spam filtering or whatnot. I'd consider it a one time fluke unless you see this again.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.