ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Google Checkout vs Paypal

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/22/09 01:33 PM Views: 1409 Replies: 5
Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 1:33 PM

I'm trying to set up a donations area for the reunion. I have searched the forums and may have missed the answer. Paypal wants 4.9% if a payment is done with a credit card. Is google cheaper? And how would I go about setting up google checkout instead of paypal?

Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 4:58 PM - Response #1

In a very similar manner to PayPal you generate your code at Google checkout and you can then embed it on your Class Creator site in source view. Check out this page for more about fees.

Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 5:30 PM - Response #2

WOW! Thanks for posting about this. They are offering non-profits the following deal for donations right now:

Non-profit organizations will receive free transaction processing for donations received through Checkout until March 1, 2009.

Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 5:40 PM - Response #3

Thanks! You have no idea how wonderful it is to be able to ask a question and get an expert answer in such a short time. I am certain your site is the only reason our reunion has gotten this far this fast. Now all I have to do is sit down and start working with the tools you've provided.

Pat

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 11:24 AM - Response #4

I second that! Our site played a huge role in the success of our reunion last August and it continues to be our lifeline as we plan more "field trips" for our class. Also, Brad... you and your team deserve a standing ovation for your consistent, prompt and personable replies to all of our questions, concerns, tech issues, etc... and are unmatched by any other site out there, I'm sure. You guys rockExclamation

Feelin' the luv ~
Sandie Very Happy

Edited 01/25/09 11:27 AM
Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 11:43 AM - Response #5

Thank you both. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.