ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

uploading photo

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/03/08 08:20 PM Views: 1351 Replies: 4
Wednesday, December 3, 2008 at 8:20 PM

Brad, I think I can explain to you want I did regarding the picture problem I had recently. This is the one you just uploaded for me. I was trying to up load a photo for an "In Memory". I went to "Manage classmates" and tried to upload from there. I could not use the bottom tecnique. I used the "browse" method -whatever that is called. The photo loaded on the page I then hit save. I then went to "classmate profile" and the picture did not show. I also went to "In Memory" and the picture did not show. After you loaded the picture for me -I deleted it because I told you the wrong name- I then uploaded the picture from the "In Memory" section and it now shows in both sections. It does not show the "photo" symbol though under the "classmate profile". I hope this explains what happened.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 at 8:24 PM - Response #1

Right. And it's never going to. Once somebody has been marked deceased the In Memory entry takes over and the Profile is now no longer active. So instead of the regular icons you're going to get the ** symbol and possibly a rose if you've enabled roses and also added something to the edit area in the In Memory entry.

Let me say this another way because I want to make sure this point is understood. If a Clasmate has been marked deceased, and you then upload a photo to the Classmate's regular Profile area, nobody is ever going to see that photo until we've appended a link from the In Memory entry back to the last live Profile (if there was one) -- which is a pending item on the Task List.

Hope that clears it up.

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 12:38 PM - Response #2

Brad,
Cleared up like always.
Thank you.

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 7:29 PM - Response #3

Back in Dec 2008 you indicated the you were going to append a link from the memory area to the regular profile area so you could upload a recent photo to that profile; a pending item on the task list. Has this ever been implemented?

As a co-administrator I would like to add a more recent photo to a deceased classmate profile in addition to his senior photo.

Thanks.

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 12:56 AM - Response #4

Yes that was added awhile back. You can toggle that link on or off under the In Memory edit area for the Classmate.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.