ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Page Navigation on Main page

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 12/03/08 07:57 PM Views: 1479 Replies: 7
Wednesday, December 3, 2008 at 7:57 PM

I'm not sure how to word my question so I know I can't search the forum for the answer. What I am trying to do is have a navigation page link on the left side of the main page, where the site pages are listed, I need a link to go straight to the FAQ page on ClassCreator.com and one to go to a privacy page. Like launch a new tab window. Kinda like when you click on the link to come to this forum. Also a link that would launch a new window to my live weather website. I know it a programming issue just can't remember how to do it. My memory is slowly slipping away, like sand in a hour glass. Thanks in advance for the help.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 at 8:20 PM - Response #1

If you mean in your regular left hand navigation, all of these links launch an internal link to another page using your site's design. You'd have to create a custom page and then embed the link on the custom page itself. You cannot change the default functionality of the built in navigational links.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 2:19 PM - Response #2

Not sure if this has been asked before (I couldn't find it anywhere), but can the system be modified to enable changing the position of nav links? For the custom pages, the only way to change the order is to copy all the code manually between custom pages. It would be nice to be able to reorder ALL the nav links.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 2:33 PM - Response #3

A link sorting module is coming, although it's currently about midway down on the Task List. So it'll be after some more pressing tasks.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 2:43 PM - Response #4

Cool! As usual, your team is on top of it!

Friday, March 26, 2010 at 9:14 AM - Response #5

Brad Switzer wrote:

A link sorting module is coming, although it's currently about midway down on the Task List. So it'll be after some more pressing tasks.

Brad, is there a "Mock-Up design" for the Link Sorting Module?

Just wondering if it will include a "Logged In Only" check-box (similar to Edit Home Page Content and Edit Announcements) - so that certain links are only shown when the classmate logs in. This way, photo gallery links, Reunion Info links, etc. can be hidden entirely until the classmate logs in.

Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 9:50 AM - Response #6

Looking forward to the Link Sorting module!

Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 12:26 PM - Response #7

I wouldn't do that. Admins can already password protect all pages anyway, making it possible for only members to get into whatever they want. The problem with actually hiding main site links themselves is Admins want to make sites look exciting so people WANT to join. For instance, if I see there's photo galleries in there to see, and I'm not a member, I'm more likely to join. If a potential member only sees a small scattering of links, and it doesn't really look like much is going on at the site, they may not join at all. There's all kinds of generic Classmate systems and pages out there, we don't want to create a scenario where people can hide all of the cool stuff, leaving potential members to assume the site has nothing worth joining for. We definitely want to leave the "entice factor" in full effect. The reality is, the more pages someone can't get into, the more likely they are to join and participate.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.