ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

picture NOT too big

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/21/14 10:34 AM Views: 1202 Replies: 9
Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Hi Kyle, Scott, etc.,
Now I'm really confused. Tried to post photo on homepage; too big; reduce both heigth and width from 444 each to 344 each. Still posting at bottom of page as though pic is too large. I thought UNDER 400 makes the photo fit. Why is it not doing so?
Barbara (confused)

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 11:54 AM - Response #1

I fixed the image for you. I also took a quick jing video so that you could see the issue and why it was happening. Please see the following : http://screencast.com/t/eEhyUEH5J

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 2:48 PM - Response #2

Scott, thank you for the video. I haven't had the problem but sure could in the future and you made a great learning experience out of the problem. ClassCreator is awesome!! You Techies are awesome!! Thanks Again!!

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 2:55 PM - Response #3

Thank you. Smile

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 3:20 PM - Response #4

Thanks Scott,
That really did help me understand. If you don't mind, I'm going to try to copy the video and store it in my computer. My computer did ask me to check my available space, so I am assuming the video is taking quite a bit of space. Therefore, I'll store it in 'Cloud' if you say it's ok to copy.
Thanks again, that was better than just doing it for me.
Barbara

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 4:10 PM - Response #5

You will need to save it if you want to keep it. I delete these videos as I need additional space to post new ones for my testing.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 8:35 PM - Response #6

Thanks, I just did. That reminds me, if I save a youtube video in a file, do I then have it for always if the owner of the video on youtube retracts it or erases it? The reason I ask is that I've gotten some really kool (that's the way we used to spell it) videos of Elvis that after about 6 monthe its been taken off my web site saying 'not a valid video' or something of that nature. Is that because I didn't save it into a file on my computer?
Barbara

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 at 1:26 PM - Response #7

To be honest, I have never tried to download a video from youtube to my computer. I actually didn't know you could. In fact, I googled this and found some instructions and sites on how to do so. If indeed you are downloading a file to your computer, then if the original is deleted, the copy on your machine should be fine. When the video is embedded on your site, it is still hosted and played / streamed from youtube.com. Simply saving the video to your computer would only keep the video for you. To share it again, it would need to be posted to a video streaming server again and embedded again. I do not know what would happen if you upload a video that was removed by another owner back to youtube. Youtube may be able to identify the video as having been there previously and not allow the upload. But again, I do not know.

Monday, October 27, 2014 at 9:15 AM - Response #8

Scott - your Jing video was very informative - I've occasionally run into things like that and having you be able to carefully explain with an example was excellent. I hope you continue to do that when the issue warrants it. Short tutorials like this could eventually be loaded somewhere for others to view. I also learned about Jing, too! Thank you.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 12:37 PM - Response #9

Thanks Joe.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.