ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Reunion Planner - Refund Request processing

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 04/14/10 07:44 PM Views: 2890 Replies: 20
Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 7:44 PM

In order to entice classmates to register early and pay, we offered a very liberal REFUND policy. Now I have a classmate who needs a partial refund, who paid with a credit card.

For testing purposes, I had him go in and try to enter a -1 for quantity for his registration ticket. It did not work, but it was worth a shot.

For now, I have gone into the Show Attendee page and entered -85.00 (the price of the ticket) under manual payments. This appeared to adjust the Grand Total of monies collected, but there are a couple of areas that this will cause problems:
1. While the Grand Total adjusted correctly, the Amount Due now shows as 85.00 and it should show as -85.00.
2. I will have to see how this shows on the reports, should be interesting.
3. It would be nice if the Reunion Administrator could access each individual Reunion record to make adjustments.
A. Enter refund request and notations.
B. Remove Guest Attendees names or make other adjustments as necessary.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 9:05 PM - Response #1

You already can:

1) Click Reunion Planner
2) Click the Show Attendees link
3) Click directly on Bob's name
4) Click the "Edit Items" button
5) Click the blue "Refund" text link
6) Go ahead and refund $85 to Bob
7) Then just adjust his order quantity to 1 instead of 2.

And there ya go. Smile

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 10:45 PM - Response #2

Thanks, that makes life much easier.

Just for clarification:
1. Will his credit card be automatically credited $85 or will we have to issue him a check?
2. If his credit card is credited, will there be an additional transaction fee for the credit card use?

Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 12:02 AM - Response #3

1) His card will be credited.
2) No additional transaction fee. The initial 4.9% transaction fee will also be credited.

Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 7:22 PM - Response #4

So I presume that it's an all or nothing and that individual items (should there be more than 1 item ordered) cannot be refunded?

Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 8:58 PM - Response #5

No that is not correct. If you follow my exact instructions above, you will in fact be refunding only 1 of the 2 items purchased.

Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 9:43 PM - Response #6

You can do a partial refund without a problem if you are talking about something where they ordered two tickets and want a refund for one ticket.

If you are talking about a partial refund on a single ticket, not so easy. I have a solution in mind, but I want to make sure I understand your exact scenario before I suggest it.

Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 9:47 PM - Response #7

One more step has to be added here.

Edit the Registration portion of the record and adjust the quantity in the number attending box, so in my case I changed the number from 2 to 1.

This corrected the quantities showing up in the report and dropped off the guest name.

Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 10:18 PM - Response #8

That's correct, that's what my step 7 above was, but I'm glad you elaborated and spelled this out for other readers here. Understanding how the refund process works is very important, I'll be able to refer others to this thread who have similar questions. Thanks Roy.

Sunday, June 13, 2010 at 10:21 AM - Response #9

Thanks for this info! These forums have been really helpful to me!

Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 11:09 PM - Response #10

So is there a way to refund just a portion? I forgot to change my amount today to a lower special deal amount so the person bought tickets for the higher price. That is a $20 difference. So is there a way to refund/credit just that amount or would sending him a check be easier?

Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 11:09 PM - Response #11

Yes. After clicking the ISSUE REFUND link you will be shown a screen where you can enter the amount of the refund. Thus the refund can be all, or any portion of the purchase price.

Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 11:15 PM - Response #12

ahhh tank you---tank you berry much!! Very Happy

Thursday, September 23, 2010 at 6:02 PM - Response #13

Thanks Brad, just the answer I was looking for!

Friday, September 24, 2010 at 2:08 AM - Response #14

Hi, Brad --
I may have gotten this wrong, but what you describe was not my experience.

A classmate paid $130.
When I went to issue a refund, the maximum I could initially refund was $123.63 -- which is $130 minus 4.9%.
Then I could issue a refund of $6.06 -- which is the balance ($6.36) minus 4.9% of that.
Then I could issue a refund of $0.30 -- which is the remaining balance ($0.36) minus 4.9% of that.
And then I issued a refund of what was left -- one penny.

When the program indicated that the most I could refund was $123.63, I didn't try entering $130.00, so I don't know what would have happened if I had tried.

Cheers,
-- Fred

Friday, September 24, 2010 at 4:15 AM - Response #15

As the 4.9% is deducted immediately, this can only happen if you have no other payments in your account balance.

Friday, September 24, 2010 at 9:47 AM - Response #16

And that indeed was exactly the case.
Thank you, Brad --

Um... is there anything that you do not know ? Wink

Friday, September 24, 2010 at 9:53 AM - Response #17

I'm going to say no, just don't ask other Class Creator staff to back that up. Wink

I'm glad you brought this up. I put in a task to allow refunds if the account balance is within 4.9% of the refund amount. I suspect it's never come up in the past because Admins had 2 or more payments in there, either that or they just never mentioned it.

Friday, September 24, 2010 at 9:53 AM - Response #18

Fred Weis wrote:

And that indeed was exactly the case.
Thank you, Brad --

Um... is there anything that you do not know ? Wink

Very Happy He doesn't think so! Very Happy

Friday, September 24, 2010 at 9:54 AM - Response #19

See?

Friday, September 24, 2010 at 10:28 AM - Response #20

Oh, I already knew how smart you are. No, what I meant was :
Brad, is there anything that you don't know about our finances. Wink

14 days until our Reunion starts.

I should post this elsewhere:
I was telling a friend (not a classmate) about my reunion and how ClassCreator has made it all happen -- the Profiles, the messaging system, the e-mails to the class, the old and recent photos posted, etc. She said, "You're a year ahead of else's reunions." What did she mean ? At most people's reunions, they get together, realize at the event that they want to stay friends, and then spend the next year e-mailing, chatting, and getting close. All that, for my classmates, has already happened. We'll be walking into our event already feeling like close friends.

Subtracting out the 13% who we couldn't reach at all, we've got over 70% of our classmates signed up on our website. Of that group, 54% will be coming to the reunion (and another 10% wishing that they could). For our 40th reunion, we're having a bigger turn-out than we'd ever had in the past.

Thank you, Brad, Kyle, Rick, Jessica, and all !

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.