ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Put our website icon on new windows?

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 04/07/11 10:58 PM Views: 1192 Replies: 6
Thursday, April 7, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Can you make our website icon (favicon) appear on windows that are opened from our website? E.g., on our site the CC icon shows in the address line and on the tab if you open Classmates > Homegrown Talent > Fabulous Flippers > Listen to Music.

Edited 04/07/11 11:04 PM
Thursday, April 7, 2011 at 11:59 PM - Response #1

Hey Lane -- no answer for you from me on this question...

...but I wanted to acknowledge the very clever way you created a "Classmates" link that leads to a list of related links to some of the key CC pages including

Classmate Profiles
In Memory
Missing Classmates

My assumption — until I saw your solution — was that if those three pages were not "Active", there would be no way to reach them through the URL (acting like a survey page). Instead they act more like a Gallery content page.

And you've done a similar thing with Photo Galleries and other links.

Cool!

You learn something everyday here in the Help Forums! Nice Job!

Friday, April 8, 2011 at 5:28 AM - Response #2

Thanks, John.

Lane

Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 12:02 AM - Response #3

Lane, I liked that organization of webpages, too. I think it'll be something that's a good candidate for the flyout menu system if that's what they're planning.

Regarding the CC icon, I only see it on a generic "You have reached a password protected page of the McPherson High School Class of 1962 web site." webpage that prompts for the email/password. I tried a similar gallery on my site and see the CC favicon, then my own favicon after I logon.

From my experience with webserver administration at work, I think that's just a generic security webpage generated by a program, and it's within the CC system. It doesn't belong to any class site, so you don't see your custom favicon. If it is in fact a program, I believe it's possible to get a modification to the program to show your favicon. I've made modifications to programs like this at work to change the web content. Brad, what do you think?

Not having a logon myself, I can't get beyond it, so I believe the content behind it would display the favicon for your site.

Are you still seeing the CC favicon or your own favicon after you logon to the webpage? If you're still seeing the CC favicon, something else must be causing it.

Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 1:08 PM - Response #4

I turned this in to Programming. Thanks! Are there any other windows other than the MP3 window where you're seeing the CC favicon instead of your own?

Monday, April 11, 2011 at 4:16 AM - Response #5

The CC icon appears on Private Chat and the "You have reached a password protected page of the McPherson High School Class of 1962 web site" page as James pointed out above. I thought I saw it someplace else, but I can't remember where now. I'll let you know if I come across it.

Monday, April 11, 2011 at 2:44 PM - Response #6

Thanks Lane. We have forwarded the request to a programmer for investigation.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.