ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Upload Pdf File to File Vault

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/16/11 12:58 PM Views: 1937 Replies: 6
Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 12:58 PM

I am trying to put a link in my email the class to a newsletter that I have created on my computer in pdf format. I have read the instructions from the help forum on how to upload a pdf file to the file vault.

Whenever I go to the file vault I browse and find my file and then hit upload and it gives me an error message, "wrong type file", am I doing something wrong?

Randy Jennings

Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 4:03 PM - Response #1

Hi Randy,

Check to make sure you don't have any spaces or special characters in your file name before you upload it.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 4:15 PM - Response #2
CMANewsletterJune2011.pdf

The pdf file is attached below, I have not been able to upload it to the file vault.

file name - cmanewsletterjune2011.pdf

Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 5:57 PM - Response #3

Hi Randy,

I was able to upload the file http://www.carolinamilitary.org/000/7/4/...wsletterJune2011.pdf Unfortunately because it worked I'm not sure why it wasn't working before. It looks like you have uploaded PDFs before so I'm sure you did everything right.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 6:14 PM - Response #4

Note that you can't upload PDFs as if they were images, you must click on the "FILE VAULT" button to be able to upload non-image files.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 6:22 PM - Response #5

Thanks John, that was probably the problem - Randy was probably pressing the IMAGE button instead of the INSERT/EDIT LINK button before trying to upload the pdf file.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 9:17 PM - Response #6

that was the problem, clicking on the image button instead of insert/edit link button. I get the hang of it soon.

Thank eveyone for the help

Randy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.