ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Adding a new Administrator

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/01/09 03:08 PM Views: 1163 Replies: 3
Friday, May 1, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Hi guys I was wondering how to add a new Administrator.

Friday, May 1, 2009 at 3:29 PM - Response #1

Go to the individual's Profile (Manage classmates) and under details, grant him or her Admin rights. You can also change the Root Administrator (not recommended unless you are absolutely sure) in the Preferences area of your Admin list. Cool

Friday, May 1, 2009 at 3:29 PM - Response #2

If you are the root administrator you can click on Manage Classmates and choose Edit/Enter Classmates and then scroll down to the name of the person you want to grant access to and click their Details page. There is a Grant Admin Access check box 3/4ths down the page - check the box and save the page and they will have access.

If you do not see this box it means you are not the root administrator - the root admin is typically the person who created the site - the root administrator is the only one who can add new administrators.

Friday, May 1, 2009 at 3:39 PM - Response #3

Very good point, Jessica. Being the root admin of my sites, I took it for granted that one can add new ones.

I cannot stres enough how important it is to have good comunication when you have more than one administrator for your site. It may seem obvious, but it may work both ways. You want to be on the same page as admins to ensure the success of your site.Rolling Eyes

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.