ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Deceased classmates profiles

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/14/08 06:25 PM Views: 1206 Replies: 5
Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 6:25 PM

Two parter:
1. As the administrator, I have entered data about several deceased classmates. However, when I go to In Memory in the general button section, it doesn't show any info, just provides space for a posting. That's where I'm supposed to put the data, not in the profile?

2. All of our 11 deceased classmates are seen in In Memory and in the Manage Classemates section of Admin. All but ONE of them is listed in the Classmates Profiles. How can I correct that? Name is Charlene Arbacheuskas Whitmar.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 6:56 PM - Response #1

1) Yes. When a Classmate dies, you need to create a new "In Memory" entry for them in this space.

2) Did you ever have this person set not to show on your Class List? I do see you had them set to show on the list, but the settings in the system were saying "don't show." Regardless, I turned that person back on so they're not on your Class List again.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 11:29 AM - Response #2

Thanks for correcting item 2 for me.
Back to item 1. I did a cut and paste from profile to In Memory, no problem. However, it showed up as an entry from me. For the initial entry for each deceased, I would like to have a general entry, e.g. Bement High School. Tara Thompson has done a very nice job with this. Initially I will have something simpler, but would like it not to show my name as the author. thanks!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 11:52 AM - Response #3

I think I know what you are wanting:

Go to your edit pages, then to the edit button In Memory page. You can click it, and it will take you to a page where you will be able to edit each In Memory for each person. Click edit, there you will find a box to put in the "announcement" per se. Click save, and it's done.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 11:59 AM - Response #4

That did it, thanks!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 4:28 PM - Response #5

YAY!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.