ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Critique my speech

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/03/10 03:21 AM Views: 1796 Replies: 5
Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 3:21 AM

I've written my speech but as I'm not that proficient in writing , I would like to know if there is anyone who excels in this area and willing to critique and make any changes to wording etc for me. I would so appreciate it. Our big final reunion is this Saturday. I'm so proud and overwhelmed to say the least. We are "SOLD OUT" with 725 attending the dinner/dance with 100's more who we just can't accomodate for security purposes. We expect more than 1000 to enjoy the weekend activities. Thanks to Class Creator we have reached out to so many, many alumni who have reconnected and love our site so much. I'm very excited that we will have videos and tons of pics on our website post reunion. I will open it up to everyone, especially those whose reunion is still in the future.

Diane

Edited 06/03/10 3:27 AM
Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 12:52 PM - Response #1

Diane -- I wouldn't say that I excel in the area you mentioned, but my kids always thought I was picky when I read their school reports. If you want to email it to me I would be glad to look it over. And, gosh, what I wonderful response to your reunion -- can't wait to hear all about it next week.

Sandy

Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 2:03 PM - Response #2

Diane,
My husband is an "old" English teacher and would be happy to edit for you. Just get it to me and I'll give it to him!Smile

Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 10:29 PM - Response #3

Diane,

I would love to critique your speech. I consider myself a proper grammar, yet able to reach the masses, kind of writer. Plus, I'd love a break from planning my own reunion and to hear what kind of memories you are sharing before I write my speech. Please send to me and I'll help in any way I can.

As for "sold out" status...I'M JEALOUS! I would love to know what you've done to accomplish that task. Our 20-year reunion is 58 days away and we're slowly inching in with registrations and payments and I'm living on blind faith that it's going to come together.

Willing to help in Tulsa, Oklahoma:
Andrea Patterson Holcomb
www.catoosa90.com

Friday, June 4, 2010 at 2:51 AM - Response #4

Sandy, I was looking at your website and it is wonderful. How did you put the flash movies from oldfortyfives to play from your site??? I would love to do this but I'm doing something wrong. Help Please.
Thanks so much
Patsy

Friday, June 4, 2010 at 7:02 AM - Response #5

Patsy,

Thank you!
You are talking about the "Back in the Day" page, right?

You will need to have two windows open -- your page your are working on and the website you want to connect to. When you are in edit mode on your page, type one of the titles
-- Take Me Back to the Fifties --
select that text then click on the add/edit link button. Go to the website you want to link to, Copy the address and paste it into the line where it says URL.

Hope that works for you -- Sandy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.