ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

swf file for screencleaner

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/22/10 08:09 PM Views: 1388 Replies: 4
Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 8:09 PM

On my site, I had a line that read, "Click Here To Have Your Screen Cleaned", and it was linked to that raincitystory swf file that shows the pug licking the glass. I see now that clicking on the link shows only a gray/black screen with the words "Missing Plugin". However, going into the Source for my Home Page shows that the link is still present. Got any idea why it would just suddenly no longer show the pug? I went to the raincitystory site and sure enough, I can still click on http://raincitystory.com/flash/screenclean.swf and get the pug. Refresh didn't work. Edd

Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 8:13 PM - Response #1

Looks fine to me. Of course that links to a site that's not us, so maybe they had a glitch for a moment? Or for some reason your computer temporarily didn't recognize the Flash plugin. Why I have no idea. Sometimes when Windows gets "goofy" you just need a fresh reboot and things like this often go away.

Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 10:52 PM - Response #2

THanks again, Brad. I hope they pay you well. One last question for the day........when I look at my website Home Page in the Edit Site Page mode on the home laptop, it is totally different than looking on it on my work computer? The work computer has it the way I want it to look. Why is it that even after logging off and back on and even using the "refresh", the laptop will not show me the same look in the Edit Site Page mode as the work computer. It means that I can't really work on the Home Page configuration on both computers.

Like who's on first. Edd

Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 10:57 PM - Response #3

Can you possibly send me a screenshot showing how it looks in both? You can capture your whole screen to your clipboard by pressing the print screen key, then pasting the image into Word or any graphics problem.

I could give at least a dozen guesses as to why it looks different, ranging from you're using a different browser at the two places, a different browser version #, you have oversized fonts turned on on one computer and not on the other, you have browser magnification turn on on one computer and not on the other, maybe you're using a different screen resolution on one vs. the other, etc. If I see a screen shot from both I'd at least then have a notion as to why the two appear different to you.

Friday, July 23, 2010 at 7:28 PM - Response #4

Thanks, Brad. I'll get them to you as soon as I can, hopefully by tomorrow. While I am at it, I will try and go through your list of possibilities and see if anything pops out. Edd

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.