ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Putting PDF Files on a profile page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/15/12 04:05 PM Views: 1303 Replies: 5
Monday, October 15, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Someone in our club wanted to have one page "Shooters" open to the public to promote to non-members. I am leary doing that as privacy issues may come up later. Can a member put pdf files on their profile page instead?

Monday, October 15, 2012 at 5:13 PM - Response #1

PDF files cannot be displayed directly on a webpage. They can be uploaded to third-party sites like issuu.com or scribd.com which will provide HTML code that you can place into the Source view of your pages to render and display the documents. The only other way to display that content would be to export an image of the page itself from the PDF editor (or capture a screenshot of it) and upload the image to the website.

Monday, October 15, 2012 at 5:27 PM - Response #2

If people don't mind downloading and then opening a pdf file, you can always store the pdf on this site and then create a link to it. Many newer browsers are set up to download pdf files and then automatically open them. We use this for individual classes if they have a document announcing a reunion or something like that.

Monday, October 15, 2012 at 9:15 PM - Response #3

That would work but it is the same as unlocking the page. My concern is future use of the page having personal information on it those people still have access to it.

Duh, Wait, why don't I just create another page with just the info they want and have him link to that page (unlocked of course). I love CC and being still able to think on the fly....Rolling Eyes

Monday, October 15, 2012 at 10:51 PM - Response #4

I'm not sure what you mean by unlocking the page, locking it, etc. If you don't put personal information on a page that your make into a pdf page, then there's nothing personal on it. A pdf has on it only what you put on it. When I've not wanted to use a pdf, I just recreated the information on a webpage. Maybe you could explain exactly what you're trying to do with an example? Perhaps I'm totally misunderstanding what you're trying to do and the reason behind it.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 12:37 AM - Response #5

Sorry I meant make active. I am all set now.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.