ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Password Protection Question

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/25/08 07:56 PM Views: 1183 Replies: 3
Monday, August 25, 2008 at 7:56 PM

I'm a little confused on the password/log in/password protection issue.

I have not password protected any page on my site, but I just received an email from someone who is asking for "access to see everyone's pictures." I don't recognize her name, which doesn't mean anything because it was a fairly large class, but I just wanted to make sure her request was on the up and up after someone recently brought up stalkers.

I know I can create "guest accounts," which I'd like to do, but I'm wondering if you can clarify what people can and can't see without logging in? When I'm logged out I can still see everything.

Forgive me if I'm being dense, here.

Thanks in advance!

Monday, August 25, 2008 at 8:19 PM - Response #1

Classmates have the option of restricting their own Profiles to only fellow Clasmates regardless of whatever password decisions you make as the Administartor. I'm sure the person writing you is trying to see Classmate photos that are behind those own Classmates' restrictions.

Monday, September 5, 2011 at 12:09 AM - Response #2

If I password protect my photo galleries or any other pages how does this work? I thought it meant only a user who has joined the site and is logged in could see the protected pages but when I click password protection in the edit site pages section it asks for a system password. Can you explain this? I am hoping those last remaining holdouts will bother to join if they cant see the reunion photos any other way. Smile Thanks!
Janie

Monday, September 5, 2011 at 8:52 AM - Response #3

On you EDIT SITE PAGES, at the bottom, you can see the SYSTEM PASSWORD. You can give out the system password to anyone you want and then they don't have to be a member to see the password protected pages.

If you haven't given out the system password to your classmate "holdouts", they won't be able to see your photo galleries if they are password protected.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.