ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

uploading slideshow

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/25/08 07:23 PM Views: 1343 Replies: 3
Monday, August 25, 2008 at 7:23 PM

I've created a slideshow in PowerPoint, then converted it to a Flash slideshow (.swf extension). The program also created html code that I can cut and paste into the web page, and that will start the slideshow.

But.... how do I upload the slideshow itself? Do I do it like an image, using the image button??

Monday, August 25, 2008 at 8:21 PM - Response #1

You would upload the .swf file, and then use the html code to call it inside your editor. The full File Library feature is coming in a few days, but for now you click click on the chain link icon, then the upload tab, then upload your .swf file, then call it into your page using the "source" view in your editor.

Monday, August 25, 2008 at 8:53 PM - Response #2

I uploaded the .swf file with the upload tab, but, unlike the image icon, the path info didn't get populated in the link info tab. How can I find out what the source path is, for the embed statement?? I'm imagining it will go into /userfiles/ .. like the photos do, but is there a sub-directory underneath /userfiles/ that it goes into?

Monday, August 25, 2008 at 11:25 PM - Response #3

After uploading the swf the system will show you the URL path before you hit Ok.

Here is the path: /userfiles/File/yourfilename.swf

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.