ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Name tags (beta)

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 06/04/18 04:06 PM Views: 4000 Replies: 5
Monday, June 4, 2018 at 4:06 PM

The name tag feature needs a lot of work. I could not figure out how to add names that did not show up on the list unless I just set up the whole class then deleted the ones that were not coming. Very time consuming. Also on transaction list someone showed up in red. No explanation and they were not on printable list.

Monday, June 4, 2018 at 4:36 PM - Response #1

The Red transaction issue is a communication issue with PayPal... it is one of the reasons why PayPal is no longer a payment form that is integrated into our system. As for the issue of registered names not showing up, please give an an example and I can take a closer look.

Monday, June 4, 2018 at 5:17 PM - Response #2

Two names I can think of are Esse Asker and Kark Hemphill. They did not show on the name tag list. The two options for name tags also print differently. The first option will,fit on the first Avery label and the second option only prints three labels per page and they are larger.

On another note, why are photo that I post on the main page fuzzy or blurry. The are perfectly clear prior to posting.i posted two yesterday and the6 are both blurry.
Thanks,
Jimmy

Monday, June 4, 2018 at 9:54 PM - Response #3

Images on the home page are resized to a generic 419 wide to avoid display issues for the right column (that varies from site to site).

To get larger images, don't use the image tool, instead upload the images to your file folder and then resize to the size you want. Don't exceed 419 if they are in the upper section and don't exceed 619 (or something like that) if below. You can find out the size by looking at a non-home page "image" and see what size it uses.

Believe it or not, the actual image storage space can actually be smaller for a larger image if you do the sizing on your local system and upload vs letting CC do it.

Uploading a larger image and then manually sizing gives a very sharp image.

Now your images are 100% under your control.

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 12:37 AM - Response #4

Jack, I don't understand what you mean when you say "don't use the image tool, instead upload the images to your file folder then resize."

Would you please explain the steps to get an image on a page using the file folder technique. I only know how to upload an image using the image editor (second icon in on top row). Thanks!

Edited 06/05/18 12:40 AM
Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 3:35 AM - Response #5

Upload using the "link" file in the editor (vs image). Point the img src= to THAT location vs the image location.

In Editor SOURCE MODE, copy the code shown for image (from any other page) and modify the src and size values to point to the "files" vault (and any sub-folder name you may have added).

The simplest way to resize is to change the width and -remove- the height spec.

You can upload pretty much anything to "file", not just images.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.