ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Imbedded Videos and iPad/iPhone

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/23/14 09:29 PM Views: 873 Replies: 5
Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at 9:29 PM

I have imbedded Kizoa videos on my site. They are iframe. Many of my classmates have tried accessing via iPad or iPhone and cannot view the videos. Is this an "i" thing or is there something I can do to made it viewable on those devices? Thanks.

Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 9:40 AM - Response #1

I'm not sure where the videos are on your site. If you let me know I'll take a look. My guess is whatever technology Kizoa is using (possibly Flash) for the embed isn't compatible with iOS devices (i.e. iPads and iPhones).

Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 9:46 AM - Response #2

There are a few but the one to look at in particular is under -->50 Year Reunion - People. They are iframe (at least the code is). I contacted their support this morning and they say a fix is to email a link to the video from my Kizoa page and then have the iPad person open the email on the iPad and then click the link. SUPPOSEDLY - once they do that it should then work for all iPads and iPhones. I'm testing with a few classmates now. I'll let you know.

Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 5:20 PM - Response #3

The proposed solution by Kizoa has apparently worked. My iPad members can now see the video on the website.

Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 5:56 PM - Response #4

Barbara, were you able to post the URL on your page where your Classmates could just click on the link? I use an iPad as my main access point.

Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 7:29 PM - Response #5

I could have posted the url on any of my pages. However, I really did not want anyone sharing the video or sending the url to others. For the sake of privacy of our classmates (these are videos of classmates from our reunion) I felt it best to just imbed it and not allow sharing. Thus, one must be registered and logged in in order to see them.

The "fix" from Kizoa was a rather simple one and it seems that it did work.

Edited 07/24/14 8:25 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.