ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Images disappearing

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/18/19 12:35 PM Views: 277 Replies: 4
Monday, November 18, 2019 at 12:35 PM

I am in the process of getting my "Cinnamon Bear" and "40s-50s Christmas" pages ready to activate after Thanksgiving as I do each year. This time, however, I have lots of images to reload. The strange thing about this -- aside from the fact that I haven't had to do this before -- is, in edit mode, a blank box is present in the image's place. When double-clicked, it gives the title, etc. of the picture that was there even though you can't see it. Also interestingly, the image is no longer in the file vault.

I'm not sure you can see these pages as they are not active, which I can change for you. I have corrected "Cinnamon Bear" and half of "40s-50s Christmas" pages already so a good example of what I am attempting to describe is 'Christmas during World War II.' Note: The same images are gone on both of my sites.

I realize you can't reload images for me, but I am wondering why they disappeared in the first place. Most have been in place for several years.

Thanks,
Carole

Monday, November 18, 2019 at 4:36 PM - Response #1

I inspected your source code and I do not see any indication that these images were uploaded incorrectly. I also noted that you were the only administrator on the site ruling out others having deleted those images. I honestly don't have an explanation for you other than you having possibly deleted them wow cleaning out your filevault at some point. Unfortunately I don't have any other ideas on this one.

Monday, November 18, 2019 at 6:12 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Scott. I do have another question for you. If I had deleted these images would there be a box in their place that would give info on the image name and size? Were you able to see that when you looked?

Carole

Monday, November 18, 2019 at 8:25 PM - Response #3

Yes kind of. If you click on Source you will see the source code for that page. You will have to look for the image tags for the images that are missing. You will see an image path and the name of that image. I do not recall off the top of my head if the image size was there but there is a possibility that the dimensions are included.

Monday, November 18, 2019 at 10:08 PM - Response #4

I never saw that on the edit page before. It's usually just blank. And, for the record I doubt I would have removed so many images by mistake. I haven't cleaned my vault in quite some time. I think the whole thing is a mystery.

Thanks for looking. I appreciate it.
Carole

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.