ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Rate my site

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/21/09 07:48 PM Views: 2203 Replies: 10
Wednesday, January 21, 2009 at 7:48 PM

I've added things, moved things, changed things.Shocked I have Santa as an Avatar. So my question is what's missing? What would make the site betterQuestion Would you come back to it to see it againQuestion

Thanks
Karen Wink

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 at 10:37 PM - Response #1

Well, you asked for input. I was gonna put a smilie here but don't know how.

You/others obviously put some time into this. Music is good and you matched up a good song with the car page. I found different music on different pages a bit distracting as I don't spend much time on a page. Most here seem to have one music player. Sometimes that can even be distracting when you click on a youtube or slideshow with music with it.
It did work well on your classmate's profile page who is the musician named on the homepage to stop and see.

Maybe when a person has the ability to go to several persons' profile who has added more than name, rank, and address that make it more interesting. We are not there yet after a week of being up live and I doubt if we will get there. People dressing up their own profiles like your musician classmate makes for return visits.

Maybe we need to show our classmates some things they can do on their profile page. You did this by directing them to look at your musicians profile page. I try this a little after seeing it elsewhere.

Personally, I love pictures. I haven't been on a site where there are too many pictures. Bob from Canada had a page with 4 slideshows going at once. That was awesome. I wonder if set-ups like that help with slower internet access users. We don't have many pictures yet and the ones we have are all big ones right now but we hope to improve as we get more pictures.

It is easy to get loaded up on too many gadgets. I have to watch that with my own use because there are so many neat ones out there. You were not too loaded up except maybe with the music players and that is just this dummy's opinion.

I had trouble finding the profiles because I am accustomed to looking for the word profile. Then I saw your heading for that page and tried that.

You are not too cluttered anywhere which is good. More stuff would be nice particularly in the pictures area like recent reunions, etc. I would love to have about 6-8 people from my class of 39 helping out. There are 3 of us right now with a keen interest in making this fly.

I put the countdown clock on the next reunion page along with a map like you did and I just borrowed or stole the no excuses to put on that page. However you reunion page is very good, IMO.

I hope I did not sound critical. I would probably go back if I was a classmate for the good information and lack of clutter but you did have some fun stuff like the cat.
Pictures, pictures.

Good job and thanks for sharing your site with me. Truthfully, I get ideas from every site I visit and have borrowed many ideas. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 at 10:41 PM - Response #2

I think your site is awesome. I wouldn't add anything...I would like to know where you got the "Matter of Time"....very cool. Love your music too! Good work. Bonita Smile

Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 12:35 AM - Response #3

Your site is fun. It's fantastic from start to finish, period, end of story. I'll never get tired of seeing the cool things people come up with using the system. Nice job!

Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 1:02 AM - Response #4

Karen,

We had our 40th reunion in October.

For the Missing Classmates:

We found someone in our class with an Ancestry.com subscription at their home who was willing to help locate the missing classmates (looking for the married names of the girls, parents, siblings, and children of any of those missing.)

I then took that info, and because I had unlimited long distance on my phone, contacted as many as possible using every available online people search website I could find. We got the list down from about 150 to 23. I still intend to work more on those 23. After all, this website makes it kind of become a "Class Family Tree," so you need to try to include everyone.

For those with no phone contact info, I used the county property tax websites, which gave me a correct mailing address. I don't know if every state has that option. We are in Texas.

For the "In Memory" page:

It can be improved by finding the obits from the newspaper. I found those either at the public library or our local university library. I still have a few more to locate that had moved away. I will contact those local libraries for possible help.

I think because of our age, these two areas are VERY important. We lost three classmates during the four months between the website going online and our reunion. We had the best reunion turnout ever. We realized this may be the last time we see each other.

I loved your remembrance of your friend Jean Ann.

Sincerely,
Anita

Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 9:35 PM - Response #5

Thanks to all. I'm on a mission to keep my classmates involved in the site. The picture of the girls in tutus came from a girl in the picture but she swore me to keep her identity secret. Now that's funny. Thank goodness I was in the chorus! Very Happy K

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 6:17 PM - Response #6

I love your site =) and I like the idea & agree with the idea of getting the classmates involved ~ why else would they come back ? =) you have lots of awesome ideas in your web site =) very very cool Cool

Very Happy
christine marie

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 6:25 PM - Response #7

Bonita Lyon wrote:

I think your site is awesome. I wouldn't add anything...I would like to know where you got the "Matter of Time"....very cool. Love your music too! Good work. Bonita Smile

I think your site (Bonita Lyon) is just as awesome as theirs Very Happy I love the bomb and the "photo of the week" and the guest book ! those are some great ideas Cool

Very Happy
~christine marie

Edited 01/28/09 6:26 PM
Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 10:32 PM - Response #8

Christine....Many thanks for the nice compliment! My co admin and I do have fun trying to make it colorful and fun. There are so many things to choose from!! Thanks again.. Bonita...Smile

Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 12:01 AM - Response #9

I agree. The Sunnyvale site is great and I've already stolen 2 ideas from it. We got the big storm and now we're out of school again tomorrow. I might end up tweeking my site so much that it will look like bad plastic surgery. Pray for a fast warm up. Laughing
K

Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 12:23 AM - Response #10

Aw, shucks!! Thank you!! Feel free to steal...we do it too!! Bonita

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.