ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Profile Visibility auto check

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/03/22 07:12 PM Views: 3094 Replies: 11
Wednesday, August 3, 2022 at 7:12 PM
Website Profile Visibility.jpg

Is there a way to check all classmates' "Profile Visibility" at one time (so their profiles are not visible to the public)? I don't want to have to check each person individually.

Edited 08/03/22 7:12 PM
Wednesday, August 3, 2022 at 7:14 PM - Response #1

They are set that way by default so they would have had to manually change it.

We do have an override for all, however, it would override what the user selected.

Let me know if you want me to apply the override.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, August 3, 2022 at 7:45 PM - Response #2

Hi Jessica. Before I ask you to override and check all of the boxes, will that prevent people from joining in the future? If not, then yes, please override and check all of the boxes so that profiles are not visible to the public.

Wednesday, August 3, 2022 at 9:52 PM - Response #3

The override option simply removes that checkbox from every profile so that members don't have the option to uncheck it and allow access to outsiders and search engines.

Thursday, August 4, 2022 at 1:17 AM - Response #4

Joyce,

Can you have Terry email info@classcreator.com approving this request? Terry is listed as the root admin and we need their permission to make a site wide change,

Thank you,

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, August 4, 2022 at 8:04 AM - Response #5

Our reunion committee has a meeting tonight; I'll ask her (Terry) then. I want you to know that the default is UNCHECKED, not checked. When people join the website, either they check it themselves OR the system is set up to automatically check it AFTER they join. If you hide that box, then the UNCHECKED boxes will be hidden. I don't want the box hidden necessarily, I just don't want anyone's profile to be public. We put a lot of information in those profiles before anyone joins.

Thursday, August 4, 2022 at 8:56 AM - Response #6

The default has always been checked. We only offered unchecked because for some users this is their only online profile and they wanted family and friends to be able to see it without a password. The majority of users keep it checked.

Jessica

Thursday, August 4, 2022 at 10:32 AM - Response #7

I consider it very important to leave it up to the classmate to determine whether or not their profile is accessible by the general public. Mine has been public since I established the site in 2008 and it has never caused me a problem.

Thursday, August 4, 2022 at 10:44 AM - Response #8
ViewProfileDetails.jpg

Joyce Zachman wrote:

I want you to know that the default is UNCHECKED, not checked. When people join the website, either they check it themselves OR the system is set up to automatically check it AFTER they join.

It is confusing... If you look at the profile of someone who has not joined, the box is unchecked. But the system checks the box when they join - and they then have the option to make their info public.

The 'default' for that box is 'checked' to block outside access for all joined members when the Profile Visibility Override option is applied and the box is no longer visible.

For non-joined members where you've added some profile info, photos, etc, there's a Preferences option (see attached) where you can choose whether it can be viewed.

Edited 08/04/22 11:00 AM
Thursday, August 4, 2022 at 12:32 PM - Response #9

Response #8
I don't know who you are, but THANK YOU! This is the type of information I needed. I'll look at the admin side and see what is set up. Since we have the option to hide profile info to the general public, that is what we'll do.
With gratitude,
Joyce Zachman

P.S. Response #7 I prefer to leave it up to each member. Thus far, I think people prefer it to be private.

Thursday, August 4, 2022 at 12:32 PM - Response #10

Jessica
For now, we will leave it as is.
Regards,
Joyce Zachman

Thursday, August 4, 2022 at 12:58 PM - Response #11

Joyce,

Ok. We haven't changed anything.

Jessica

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.