ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Domain names

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/14/15 12:46 PM Views: 1068 Replies: 2
Saturday, March 14, 2015 at 12:46 PM

Some of our classmates have asked that we set up our own domain that would be easier to remember and tell new people about. My question is for the 320 classmates who already are registered on our existing site. Will they be able to reach the site with the old web address? Will both addresses work? My fear is that no matter how many e-mails we send out with the "change of address", it will cause confusion and there will be lots of people who say they never saw the notices. Our goal is to be make it easier; so I just want to be sure it won't make it worse before we decide to make the change.

Edited 03/14/15 12:48 PM
Saturday, March 14, 2015 at 1:01 PM - Response #1

both the domain name and the long address will still point to the same website.

When you get the domain name, all internal references to pages on your website will point to the domain name, so if they click on any of the links, the address window will give the address of the page WITH THE DOMAIN NAME PREFIX. Any future bookmarks to the website will have the domain name as part of the bookmarked page address.

Any saved bookmarks will still point to the page that they reference (Home Page, Classmate Profiles, etc.), but they will point to the long name (directory name) of the website page.

you shouldn't have any problems with classmates not finding your website after you purchase a domain name because both addresses will work.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 1:39 PM - Response #2

Hi Art,

It looks like you got this straightened out. I see the domain is now correctly pointing to your site.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.