ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Email the Class Attachments

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/13/21 09:42 AM Views: 3499 Replies: 4
Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 9:42 AM

One last question (I hope): Is there a way to attach a jpeg file to an Email the Class?

Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 10:57 AM - Response #1

Don't know that there's a way to attach a jpeg file in the sense of an e-mail client like either Outlook or Thunderbird but one can insert it into the body of the message by uploading it to the file vault via the icon next to the Source button in the upper left corner of the editor where you compose the message. An alternative to that would be to link to the photo in the file vault via the icon that looks like a chain link, third icon from the right in the second row.

Hang in there. At 90 you're doing great. I have an advantage as I'm just a kid of 80. Feel free to keep asking questions.

And congratulations on being the oldest class on Class Creator.

Edited 05/13/21 11:08 AM
Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 1:49 PM - Response #2

Also you can COPY an image from your computer or anywhere else - the actual image data not the link - and then paste that into the Editor. If it shows in the Editor, you did it right.

Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 4:01 PM - Response #3

Jack,

I'm not sure about copying a photo from the computer that is not already in the File Vault, and then pasting it into the Editor. Using the Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers, I just tried doing that and it would not paste. In the past, the only way I found to add such a photo was to upload it.

Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 4:51 PM - Response #4

100% certain it works. It has to be the IMAGE literally. For example, a "copy" in a photo editor, a screen shot or Firefox screenshot feature and some other tools that make a literal bit-by-bit copy of an image. This automatically stores a copy in AWS or references a link. See examples.

That's why I said "actual image data". Can't be a "link" of any type. The editor automatically makes a link to AWS storage and others, but if you do it twice from your system it reuses the same name.

This one if it's from my computer (your site of course will vary). It stays the same if it's done twice. Perhaps it may vary if I use a different folder.

from this forum above

FB copy

So **image data** (not the link) copies using different sources are done differently. Looks like unique links. Try it from FB vs one from this forum vs one from your computer.

I just remembered that CC disabled this ability for using on a site, but I suspected it might still work for emails. And it still does.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.