ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Birthday Notifications

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/16/16 09:13 AM Views: 1256 Replies: 15
Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 9:13 AM

Until just a short time ago we were all getting Birthday Announcements or Notifications on our "What's New Page but that has stopped.

I have named our "What's New Page" to Class Chatter and on the day of someones birthday, an announcement would be posted on that page and allow for comments.

That message was not there today, and has been missing for a while so I went into the Classmates Profile and even there it wasn't noted that it was their birthday. I left a comment anyway wishing them a Happy Birthday.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a place to indicate that "Birthday Announcements or Notifications" should be posted?

Thanks
Dave

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 2:16 PM - Response #1

This has been reported tot the programmer and we hope to have this corrected very soon.

Friday, March 25, 2016 at 10:10 AM - Response #2

I know the last thing you need is a gentle reminder, truly not a reminder just a note about so many of my Classmates that have come to depend on the actual birthday space for comments.

Any estimate as to when this problem will be fixed?

Thank you!!
Dave

Friday, April 1, 2016 at 11:47 AM - Response #3

Had a Birthday today and there it was, the Comment Block reminding our Classmates it's someones Birthday. Thank you very much for getting this fixed, it is much appreciated!! My Classmates think I'm a wonder, I'm not, it's because of all of you at ClassCreator that make me look good. You really make it easy!!

Thank you again and again!!
Dave

Friday, April 1, 2016 at 1:20 PM - Response #4

Yes. Happy that it has returned as well.

Friday, June 3, 2016 at 8:59 AM - Response #5

L V Rogers High School.... Got a complaint from one of our class mates that they are not getting birthday notifications anymore. I see it wasn't working but now is.

Is there anyway to test this?

Friday, June 3, 2016 at 9:04 AM - Response #6

What is the initial and last name of the classmate?

Friday, June 3, 2016 at 9:58 AM - Response #7

Jonnie Cook (Wilson)

Friday, June 3, 2016 at 10:18 AM - Response #8

Please let this classmate know that they haven't SUBSCRIBED to receive birthday notices. They need to go to NOTIFY ME, scroll down to the bottom, then check the " A Classmate whose profile I'm subscribed to has an upcoming birthday " option and also CHOOSE which classmates they want to be subscribed to. If they haven't subscribed to any classmates, they will not be notified about any birthdays.

I do not know if she was ever subscribed to any classmates or if she ever received notifications about birthdays, but currently, she is not subscribed to any classmates, which explains why she doesn't receive any birthday notices.

Friday, June 3, 2016 at 11:55 AM - Response #9

This reminds me of a slight 'bug'. When I subscribe to a classmate on ANOTHER site where I am a guest, the email messages do not tell me what site they are from.

The link given goes to my class no the actual class site.

Friday, June 3, 2016 at 4:07 PM - Response #10

Notify Me notifications have the site information in the header. Not sure I understand what is wrong in this scenario.

Friday, June 3, 2016 at 5:35 PM - Response #11
birthdaybugImage1.jpg

Nope. There's not a single clue telling me what site the member with the birthday belongs to. Here's what the message looks like (link goes to our site, but there's no one with that name).

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

Notify Me notifications have the site information in the header. Not sure I understand what is wrong in this scenario.

Edited 06/03/16 5:36 PM
Friday, June 3, 2016 at 5:46 PM - Response #12

I believe Scott was referring to the email template for the site - each notice includes the email template that shows the school name, year and logo (if one exists in the system).

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, June 3, 2016 at 5:52 PM - Response #13

Don't follow. How does that relate to what I described? The message I showed is NOT for a classmate on our site. Yet the link goes to our site. I can post the link if you like?

Jessica wrote:

I believe Scott was referring to the email template for the site - each notice includes the email template that shows the school name, year and logo (if one exists in the system).

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, June 3, 2016 at 6:16 PM - Response #14

Jack,

Can you forward me the actual email you received - send it to info@classcreator.com so I can check into it further.

Thanks,

Jessica

Friday, June 3, 2016 at 7:06 PM - Response #15

done

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.