ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Emails and Domain Registration

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/25/08 04:12 PM Views: 1101 Replies: 1
Monday, August 25, 2008 at 4:12 PM

Well, our site is so popular that I think we should have registered a domain, as few people can recall the lengthy site name. If I register a domain after I have the site already up, active and being used under the class creator name, will people using the old adress be automatically re-directed?

Also, is there are way you can click on an email address in the profile and send an email, or is it necessary to copy and paste into our email program?

This is one of the best-supported and user-friendly sites I've used. You guys deserve an award for this!

Monday, August 25, 2008 at 8:48 PM - Response #1

Mary Maberry wrote:

Well, our site is so popular that I think we should have registered a domain, as few people can recall the lengthy site name. If I register a domain after I have the site already up, active and being used under the class creator name, will people using the old adress be automatically re-directed?

Also, is there are way you can click on an email address in the profile and send an email, or is it necessary to copy and paste into our email program?

This is one of the best-supported and user-friendly sites I've used. You guys deserve an award for this!

1) It will not technically forward to your domain name, but both address will continue to call up your site. So you don't need to worry about anybody with the old address not being able to get to the site.

2) Yes, if your computer is configured to click on an email address and spawn your email program, you'll have no problems with this. That's how most systems would work by default.

3) We will accept any and all rewards, including brownies, cookies, and other baked goods of all varieties.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.