ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Removing Moderators from Class Forums

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/21/15 10:39 PM Views: 939 Replies: 5
Sunday, June 21, 2015 at 10:39 PM

I have a classmate showing up as a moderator, however he is now deceased. He may have, at one time, had Admin access, however I have removed that permission.

When I go into individual forums, he is listed as a moderator with an asterisk next to his name and I have no idea how to remove this from the forums.

Any suggestions?

Monday, June 22, 2015 at 9:34 AM - Response #1

Hi Steve,

You may have already figured this out because I only see your info under the forum preferences link that is available to admin only on the top of the forums.

If you are still seeing them assigned somewhere please give me a screen shot or tell me exactly where you are seeing it.

Thanks,

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, June 22, 2015 at 11:02 AM - Response #2
Untitled 1.jpg

Please see the attached image. His name, James Martin*, shows up in the same place for every forum I have created.

Monday, June 22, 2015 at 12:43 PM - Response #3

Hi Steve,

It may be the change in his member status but it would not allow me to remove his name from the Forum without recreating each one. That worked, however, you will need to add in a welcome statement under General Discussion if you want one in there. The only post in there was from 2011 so I did not move it back into the new recreated forum. I'm not seeing his name on the forum lists now.

Jessica

Monday, June 22, 2015 at 1:29 PM - Response #4

Thanks, Jessica...I thought that was what I was going to have to do. Thankfully, there had been only one post...and that was mine. No big deal. Again, thanks, for your assistance.

This is something that might need to be addressed, though. What if there had been hundreds of topics/posts?

Monday, June 22, 2015 at 2:15 PM - Response #5

This was a rare unique scenario that I could have edited directly in the database had there been any other posts. This was just the fastest way to resolve it for a single post from the admin.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.