ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How can I add a Video Clip to my website?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/08/09 12:18 PM Views: 1576 Replies: 3
Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 12:18 PM

I got a great new Flip digtal recorder and can create mini video clips. How can I add them to our class website???

Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 1:13 PM - Response #1

There are numerous video formats and techniques for uploading video to your web site. Let me give you 2 simple ways:

1) Upload your video to Youtube, and then embed it in your web site. It's very simple to do this:

a) Click FAQs above
b) Click Questions About Building Your Site
c) Read Question #18

2) In your video software export your video to the .wmv format and then:

a) Click Edit Site Pages
b) Click the Edit button next to the page you want to place the video on
c) In your editor click the chain link icon and then click the File Vault tab
d) Press the Browse button and follow the directions on screen to select your wmv video
e) Once uploaded to your File Vault click directly on your wmv file and then click the "Insert" button. This will place a link on your web page to your video, and when Classmates click the link the video will play in their Windows Media Player.

Friday, September 25, 2009 at 2:22 PM - Response #2

Brad or Jessica -

There seems to be a bit of an audio/video sync problem when one uploads videos to youtube. My videos play fine when not in youtube, though. I saw the other option of placing the video in the vault, but that would take up a lot of space, would it not?

Have you (or anyone else) heard anything about resolving the audio/video sync issue on youtube so one can then embed on the CC site?

Friday, September 25, 2009 at 4:35 PM - Response #3

That one I can't help with, but I can tell you that sometimes audio/video synch problems on YouTube can be related to your own computer or processor. It's possible you're seeing a synch problem and others may not be. Just a guess though.

Yes, you're better off utilizing YouTube's free video hosting service than taking up your File Vault space, absolutely.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.