ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Uploading .csv NOT

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/28/11 04:35 PM Views: 1717 Replies: 14
Friday, October 28, 2011 at 4:35 PM

I keep receiving this message for all rows: Row #4, Column #12 (Year): For multi-year classes, this column must contain a valid class year. Your data is: "".

I assume column 12 is "L"

Here is an example of what the data looks like: Ellen,####,#####,esadovsky@swbell.net,9234 Bent Elm Creek,,San Antonio,TX,78230,,,1966 (I put the hash marks in manually for privacy). The properties of the file are: Microsoft Excel Comma Separated Values File (.csv)

I had previously uploaded my 1965 data succesfully.

Help, please.

I am using excel and saving the file as a .csv

Friday, October 28, 2011 at 4:49 PM - Response #1

Try looking at the Excel spreadsheet before changing it to CSV. Search the data for a "," . If one is found, delete it and then repeat the search until all of the commas are gone. Then save the file as CSV and try again.

Friday, October 28, 2011 at 5:22 PM - Response #2

I think the problems were: I put in the heading of "class" and i ignored the suggestion that column 12 should be used. I used K instead, which is 11 according to the way I count.

Friday, October 28, 2011 at 5:26 PM - Response #3

So, you are saying that your problem is solved, right?

Friday, October 28, 2011 at 8:56 PM - Response #4

Sure, problem fixed because I ignored the incorrect instructions by using the 11th column instead of your instruction to use the 12th. Since columns in Excel are alpha, it might make sense to use alpha as well

Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 10:17 AM - Response #5

I'll sign off for Leigh:
Gracias, Senor Kyle.

Monday, October 31, 2011 at 8:15 AM - Response #6

Was I ready to sign off? I thought I was ready for a further comment from Class Creator, but I guess not.

Monday, October 31, 2011 at 8:23 AM - Response #7

The format for MULTI-YEAR uploads needs to be in this order:

First Name    Last Name   Married Name   Email   Address 1    Address 2   City    State   Zip   Country   Telephone   Year

When you download the template, there are column headings. The error message said the "(year)" column, which should have been clear enough.

Since I have not seen your upload data, I don't know if you had the header row or not.

Other than that, I don't know what further comment you are expecting.

Monday, November 7, 2011 at 6:01 PM - Response #8

I had the same problem today - the template I've been using for months wouldn't work. I discovered you CHANGED the format by adding a Country column that threw the process off.

Monday, May 7, 2012 at 9:33 AM - Response #9
NCHS '63 Roster for classcreator.May 7.12.csv

I continue to get message that there are no names in a number lines of column 2. I have eliminated all commas. File is attached.

Monday, May 7, 2012 at 10:08 AM - Response #10

Mark,

You cannot change the headers. You have changed the headers.

This is what they NEED TO BE....
First Name   Last Name    Married Name   Email   Address 1   Address 2    City   State   Zip   Country   Telephone

This is what you have.....
First Name   Last name    Married Name   Email   Address    Address 2   City   State   Zip   Country   Phone

You have changed "Address 1" to "Address" and "Telephone" to "Phone"

Try changing the titles back and upload to see if it works for you.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 at 4:10 PM - Response #11

how do I create a file from my excel database which has more fields than the CC template?

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 at 4:16 PM - Response #12

William,

I don't know what you mean. Are you wanting to upload more information into ClassCreator than is currently in the Upload Template? If so, the answer is you can't do that. Anything that isn't in the CC Template needs to be input manually.

If I didn't understand your question, please restate the question in a more clear way.

Monday, February 17, 2014 at 3:46 PM - Response #13
Classmates.csv

I have a problem with uploading csv for managing Classmates. We originally uploaded using the CSV template. Downloading csv works but uploading same csv gives these errors. I noticed the Headers are different than original headers and Classmates must not allow uploading, once headers are modified....but it does not give errors on every row.

--------------------------------
Oops!

One or more rows in your import file contained invalid data.

No data was inserted! Please correct the following errors and try again

Row #79, Column #12 (Year): For multi-year classes, this column must contain a valid class year. Your data is: "".
Row #118, Column #12 (Year): For multi-year classes, this column must contain a valid class year. Your data is: "".
Row #120, Column #12 (Year): For multi-year classes, this column must contain a valid class year. Your data is: "".
Row #145, Column #12 (Year): For multi-year classes, this column must contain a valid class year. Your data is: "".
Row #160, Column #12 (Year): For multi-year classes, this column must contain a valid class year. Your data is: "".
Row #167, Column #12 (Year): For multi-year classes, this column must contain a valid class year. Your data is: "".
Row #168, Column #12 (Year): For multi-year classes, this column must contain a valid class year. Your data is: "".
Row #173, Column #12 (Year): For multi-year classes, this column must contain a valid class year. Your data is: "".
Row #195, Column #12 (Year): For multi-year classes, this column must contain a valid class year. Your data is: "".
Row #198, Column #12 (Year): For multi-year classes, this column must contain a valid class year. Your data is: "".

Monday, February 17, 2014 at 4:35 PM - Response #14

You cannot UPLOAD the same CSV file that was used with Download Classmates. They have different columns. The column headings of the upload file needs to be exactly the same as the Download Template, which you can get from the Manage Classmates, Upload Classlist, Download Template page.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.