ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Photo Gallery

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/18/10 11:40 AM Views: 1151 Replies: 3
Saturday, December 18, 2010 at 11:40 AM

I am creating an Art Gallery for alumni to upload their works. One piece I want to add was done by one of our deceased faculty. I'd rather not have this attributed to me but my only other option seems to be another classmate's name.

- Can you add an option to pull names from the Faculty section as well?
- Also, does "Add Photos for Classmate" allow selecting names that are In Memory?
- Can admins post pictures that have no names attached, rather than their own or a classmate's?

Sunday, December 19, 2010 at 5:06 PM - Response #1

1) Yes we'll add this. This was an oversight on my part. 'Tis the season so I'm not sure how fast we'll get to this but I've added it to our internal Task List.

2) You tell me, at the moment I'm on a plane and cool as it is the connection is quite slow. If it doesn't do you think it should? I'm thinking no.

3) No, but you could always create an invisible Guest Member and post from an account made just for uploading photos.

Sunday, December 19, 2010 at 9:22 PM - Response #2

Not sure what you mean by "invisible Guest Member" because my options are Show-on-Class-List-(No) or SHOW-as-Guest-Member. The latter actually gets listed on the bottom of the Classmates page, quite visibly. The former was well hidden and I could pull it up under Manage Classmates but it wouldn't display as one of my choices for changing a photo I uploaded that has my name on it, to give it to my new anonymous user.

Meanwhile, it looks like the photo I just uploaded to the still hidden Tigers Art Gallery as admin (Strawberry Tree) doesn't have my name on it anyway. Yet two I put into Historic South Pasadena as admin a while back DO have my name on, which I don't want, and I can't figure out how to have no name on them. And I'm not sure how my new Anonymous user would fix that since I can't get it to work.

Monday, December 20, 2010 at 11:16 PM - Response #3

I just checked and you CAN assign photos to a Teacher. So there is no need to create an invisible user. I just changed the verbiage but all of the necessary functionality is already there. All photos in a Community Gallery do have an attribution though, there is currently no blank user. So it's either you, a Classmate or a Teacher. I did further check and you of course are correct, you can't assign an attribution to a hidden user. A hidden user is exactly that -- hidden.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.