ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classcreator reconnects classmate with lost Class Ring

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/27/13 12:03 PM Views: 1187 Replies: 16
Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Today, I received an e-mail from a Good Samaritan. She said that she and her husband found a SFHS Class of 1981 ring and wanted to return it to it's owner. She told me the initials on the ring and I made contact with the classmate who verified her initials and the writings on the ring. The ring was found in Muskogee, OK.

Here is a quote from the classmate:

"Kyle, I am overwhelmed, thought I would never see it again. Yes, my middle initial is 'N'. The ring would have had debate or rifle squad on it, (isn't that crazy that I can't remember which one it was???? I just turned 50, that's my excuse!!!) I would be very happy to have you pass on my info to them.

Thanks again for all you do on this website, I am so impressed with your mad skills. Please tell your sweet wife hello too!

I am so excited, can't believe it!

You have to know the rest of the story! That ring was lost my first year at BYU, I was dating a guy from VA. He was going home for break and wanted to wear my ring -I know - silly - but he lost it somewhere while driving between Provo and VA. That was 31 years ago!! I just got off the phone with the sweet woman who found the ring and it is on it's way back to me after 31 years.

Thanks Kyle!! "

I say, THANKS CLASSCREATOR.COM!!

Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 12:10 PM - Response #1

Outstanding story!
Made my weekend!

Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 12:18 PM - Response #2

What a great story!! Smile

Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM - Response #3

Thanks for sharing a Feel Good Story...

Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 1:20 PM - Response #4

Great story!

Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 1:28 PM - Response #5

Awesome! Class Creator helps in many mnay ways! Thanks for everything, guys!

Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 2:11 PM - Response #6

The kindness of others connecting through Class Creator. Well... does it get any better? Wink

Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 2:33 PM - Response #7

That is amazing and wonderful!!! Wow...thanks for sharing...Bonita

Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 4:04 PM - Response #8

I agree with everyone! As always, Gwen is on point. Losing a class ring is a familiar story, but it is a rare occasion when one learns that the ring has been found and returned! So happy for the classmate and so grateful to the Good Samaritan.

A class ring is so personal and such an important piece of HS memorabilia. My mother passed away last November and I wear hers, and one of my sisters wears an aunt's class ring.

Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 4:08 PM - Response #9

Please let us know when you receive the ring and verify the condition it is in. My class ring from GHS 1964 has hardly been worn and still looks nearly new.

Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 5:13 PM - Response #10

Wow Kyle! Awesome story! Thanks for sharing! Ever so sweet to me that it involved an Oklahoman! Smile

Edited 04/27/13 5:13 PM
Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 5:43 PM - Response #11

Paul,

It wasn't my class ring, but a classmate's ring. I probably won't ever see it. If I hear back from the classmate in a few days after she receives it in the mail and she says it is in good condition, I will reply back here.

Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 11:52 PM - Response #12

Great! See, that's what we're all about. Not just Class Creator (who, through Kyle, gives me hope for "goodwill, integrity, neighbors, American values) but for all of us. I know i sound like 'Little House on the Prairie' but we need some of that again.
Thank you again, Kyle. You always seem to come up to the need at the time.
BarbaraVery Happy

Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 11:57 PM - Response #13

Thanks, Barbara.

PS. I still watch "Little House on the Prairie" reruns (don't laugh!)

Sunday, April 28, 2013 at 2:26 AM - Response #14

Well done Kyle! Surely the mould no longer exists for the SFHS Class of 1981 ring, so the classmate would never have been able to get a replacement. This is a very uplifting story.

Friday, May 17, 2013 at 9:13 AM - Response #15

Classmate reported back 5/8/2013:

It came today!

It is in remarkable great shape, tarnished, but intact. The initials CNV are so faded inside I was surprised she could read them. It took some sleuthing on her part, so grateful. It is in really good shape though. So happy to have it back! What a fun trip down memory lane. THANKS again for putting it all together.

My only regret is that my fingers used to be so skinny! It fits my pinky now..... Smile

Thanks for your help,

Friday, May 17, 2013 at 3:14 PM - Response #16

Such an awesome story! Thanks for sharing!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.