ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Email flag on deceased classmates

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 06/02/10 03:28 PM Views: 1456 Replies: 3
Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at 3:28 PM

I would like to suggest that the e-mail check mark be reset to blank for any classmates that are now deceased.

When sending a blast email I have to go thru the list and uncheck anyone that is now deceased.

I realize I could go into their profile and blank out their email address but if I do that I feel like I am losing a possible communication link with the classmate's family.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at 4:06 PM - Response #1

Good suggestion. I'll pass this on to a programmer.

Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 1:48 AM - Response #2

Hi,

Yes, I can see how that would be frustrating if you feel that the email is going to an address where the message is not welcome.

I'm not against the idea, but we have some family members who like to receive the emails. They say it makes them feel connected, it's a pleasant reminder of their departed, and it's a good feeling to know that we still have their loved one in our system and their is a page honoring them. If anyone were to object, I would remove them from the list.

But if it's best for the majority, that's ok. Just a thought.

Thanks for all the great work! Blessings, N

Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 9:51 AM - Response #3

You'll still see the names of the deceased on the Email The Class function. The only difference is they won't be preselected like they are now. If you want to include an email to the deceased Classmate's family members you'll just need to check it on again.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.