ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Classmate Registration Authorization

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/04/10 08:48 AM Views: 2283 Replies: 9
Monday, January 4, 2010 at 8:48 AM

I am the classsite main admin and we have had two classmates recently join without any notification that the new member need authorization. I went to the Classmate profile page to toggle the verification but it is not available.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 4:43 PM - Response #1

Your other Admin toggled the verification.

Monday, January 11, 2010 at 4:02 PM - Response #2

Should all of the Admins receive the notification? I did not receive any for the recent registrations.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 at 8:15 AM - Response #3

I think what Brad said is that the other admin TURNED OFF THE NEED FOR CLASSMATES TO BE VERIFIED. That is the reason you didn't receive notification that classmates needed verification - because they didn't.

(just a guess, I could be wrong).

If that is the case, the other admin would need to be the ROOT ADMIN and so you would have two root admins. Not possible.

I guess I don't know what Brad meant.

Edited 01/12/10 8:18 AM
Tuesday, January 12, 2010 at 9:55 AM - Response #4

The terminology "toggled" appears to pertain to the verification of each classmate registration. The general control of this option still has the "Do Not Allow" button selected.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 at 11:39 PM - Response #5

Oops sorry I wasn't clear. All I meant was the other Admin toggled the Classmate over to being verified. I didn't mean the other Admin toggled the main feature itself off. If you didn't get the notice of pending Classmate verification there's probably an email issue here. Please go to your home page and enter your own email address into the "Missing Classmates" box on the right. Let me know if you get the auto invite to your site. If you don't we'll have to figure out what the email problem is.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at 9:26 AM - Response #6

I immediately received the auto invite. If the other admin would have been logged in to the classsite at the time that the two classmates joined, would this have switched off the need for an email notification?

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at 12:46 PM - Response #7

No, that would have made no difference. The verification email didn't go to your spam or junk email folder did it?

Thursday, January 14, 2010 at 2:46 PM - Response #8

I am pretty sure that it did not, but i can't confirm because I usually clean the junk out regularly. Any way to test?

Thursday, January 14, 2010 at 5:30 PM - Response #9

Create a fake member and then join as that member. Then delete the member. Or wait for another real person to join and see if you get the email. All mail providers and programs are different and spam filters vary in how they filter email. Not to mention your own spam filtering settings can vary. So it's not too uncommon for one mail to get through while another one doesn't. Like I say all the time, the very best thing you can do is whitelist postmaster@classcreator.net and noreply@classcreator.net. Doing so should ensure all emails come directly to your inbox.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.