ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Home Page Counter

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/12/09 02:47 AM Views: 1416 Replies: 11
Thursday, March 12, 2009 at 2:47 AM

Is there a way to post our home page counter from our statistics page to our home page?

Also how do I put something on my home page, so when they reach the bottom of the site they could click on something that takes them back to the top of the site instantly.Confused

Yvette
PHS Class of 1987

Thursday, March 12, 2009 at 3:14 AM - Response #1

There's no automated way to post your statistics count on your home page, although you could copy and paste the data periodically. There's also a variety of third party counters you could plug into the home page.

Regarding a link to get back to the top of the page, you need to insert a thing called an "anchored link." They are easy to make. Full instructions in this thread.

Thursday, March 12, 2009 at 10:44 AM - Response #2

Thank you for your time.

Yvette

Thursday, March 12, 2009 at 11:26 AM - Response #3

Brad,

Help Again! Very Happy

I can't get my anchor and link to work. Can you tell me what I might have done wrong.Embarassed

Thanks,
Yvette

Thursday, March 12, 2009 at 11:30 AM - Response #4

Sorry I thought you mite want to know what my anchor is, it is the Pirate at the top of my home page.

Yvette

Thursday, March 12, 2009 at 11:36 AM - Response #5

Your PIRATE IMAGE is named with an anchor "Click__Here__to_go_Back_to_the_Beginning", but the link to go back to the beginning is referencing a different name, it is referencing href="#Click "Here" to go Back to the Beginning"

If you make the href="#Click__Here__to_go_Back_to_the_Beginning" I think it will work

The link is not referencing the anchor.

Thursday, March 12, 2009 at 12:28 PM - Response #6

I am sorry, I don't know what it is that I am doing wrong. I don't mean to be a pain. I have put the anchor name and the link name as the same "Top of Page" & "#Top of Page, I have put the link name with a "#Top of Page" and the anchor as "Top of Page". I have tried it every way I can think of and I am now getting an error page when I try it out, befor that everytime I tried it, every way I tried it, it wouldn't work. Again I am sorry, but what am I doing wrong. I am about to pull my hair out. Sad

Yvette

Thursday, March 12, 2009 at 12:38 PM - Response #7

When I do a view source, I see the name being "Top_of_Page" (NOTICE THE UNDERLINES). I see the link to the name being "Top of Page" (NO UNDERLINES). Try putting the underlines in the link at the bottom of the page.

PS the TEXT of the link at the bottom of the page doesn't need to be the same as the link.

If you have to, click on the SOURCE button and at the very bottom of the page, change the href="#Top_of_Page"

Edited: forgot the "#"

Edited 03/12/09 12:45 PM
Thursday, March 12, 2009 at 12:46 PM - Response #8

looks like you got it working with BEGINNING

Thursday, March 12, 2009 at 12:49 PM - Response #9

Thank you very much for all of your help.Very Happy I figured it out. I just didn't want the # sign in front of my word and I didn't want _ in between the words. I didn't like the way it looked. I wasn't getting that, there needs to be no spaces at all in between my words. So I fixed it. It works. It clicked what I was doing wrong right befor I got your last post. Thank you again!Very Happy

Yvette

Thursday, March 12, 2009 at 12:54 PM - Response #10

But just so you know, the Displayable Text at the bottom of your page (the text you click on) can be anything. It can even have spaces in it. It doesn't have to be the same as the href="" text.

Thursday, March 12, 2009 at 7:41 PM - Response #11

o.k. Thank You!

Yvette

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.