ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

No longer receiving notice of upcoming B-days for classmates

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 02/19/14 04:50 PM Views: 901 Replies: 16
Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 4:50 PM

It seems that in the upgrade something knocked out my automatic birthday notices for my classmates. I used to receive a notice in my personal email a few days ahead of the pending birthday and then could send a personal Happy Birthday message. How do I reset it so that I receive notice for each of my classmates again? I did it when I set up the site originally and I can NOT remember or find how I did it. HELP! Question

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 6:30 PM - Response #1

I think this is the answer: Member Functions > Notify Me > Profile Subscriptions > Notify me by email when... > click on the Once Daily button for "A Classmate whose profle I'm subscribed to has an upcoming birthday."

If necessary you may have to subscribe to all the classmates: Member Functions > Notify Me > Profile Subscriptions > Available Classmates --- click on "Select All."

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 8:16 PM - Response #2

Thank you! I give it a try ASAP. I just realized I had missed several birthdays. I wondered if any one else lost that function with the upgrade. Thanks again, Bev

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 at 5:44 AM - Response #3

Finally got a chance to follow your directions. Guess what?!!! That is exactly what I already under Notify me of upcoming birthday check and once daily. I am just not receiving any notices now; I used to. I do get the notice when someone else sends a classmate a birthday greeting, but I no longer get my reminder of an upcoming birthday. Can someone look as see what is missing? Thanks, Beverly

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 at 2:06 PM - Response #4

Beverly, did you page down on the Notify Me screen to make sure that all those you want to be notified about are checked? You won't get a birthday notify for classmates you're not subscribed to.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 9:30 PM - Response #5

Yes, I checked again. Everything is the same as the first day our site went live just over a year ago. BUT I am now NOT receiving any upcoming birthday notices. I do get notices of Profile Updates. I checked the stats as to the # of today's visitors and that matches the notices I have received. I made note of the upcoming birthdays listed on our Home Page. There's one on 3/1 and another on 3/17. I have not receive a upcoming birthday notice for Lynn Arnold for 3/1. That will be this Saturday. I used to get the notice several days in advance. My notices stopped coming with the new upgrade. Will someone check my admin site and see what the problem is, PLEASE. Crying or Very sad I really like to send Birthday Wishes, especially since most of us are hitting the Big 70!

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 9:35 PM - Response #6

I just remembered that I got bit several months ago when I wasn't getting a birthday notice that I thought I should. We have a set of twins, and one had allowed birtday notices in their profile and the other hadn't. Don't forget to check that as well.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 9:44 PM - Response #7

How do I do that without having to go into each individual profile? I can't imagine everybody suddenly got shy about their classmates knowing their birthdays. In fact, when I launched our class site, I told them if they didn't want to fill out their entire profile at once to start with putting in their birthday and come back later. That worked very well. I knew who had joined and how the response was.

It's got to be something really simple that I am missing somewhere. Rolling Eyes

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 10:28 PM - Response #8

If you checked the profile option in at least one of those who you didn't get a notice for, then it sounds like you've touched all the bases. In fact, as I re-read what you'd entered, if they show up in the upcoming birthday box on the home page, then they've allowed birthday notices in their profile. From that point, it should be a matter of your Notify option and who you subscribe to.
It will be interesting to see what one of the CC experts finds.

Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 5:20 AM - Response #9

John,
As you can see I am a morning person! Thanks for all your help.

Yes, I hope CC looks at my site. It probably is something very simple.Confused Birthday greetings are primary to keeping my class site alive right now. I didn't discover CC until after our 50th reunion and launched our site to give classmates who had reconnected a fun site to visit. It would have been so helpful if the class had been communicating through CC BEFORE the 50th. We are a small class, with many who are not computer savvy, but I see more and more using email and joining Facebook and visiting the site. I have 2 more years to make this effort work and be worthwhile.

Friday, February 28, 2014 at 1:25 PM - Response #10

Beverly - please give me a few names so that I can review their profiles. First initial / last name is fine. I want to check settings from their end.

Friday, February 28, 2014 at 3:00 PM - Response #11

Lynn Arnold has a birthday March 1 and Kirk Pike has one on 3/17.

Friday, February 28, 2014 at 3:47 PM - Response #12

Have you checked your e-mail program's SPAM folder? Sometimes those emails get marked as "Spam".

You can do a check to see if you aren't getting emails that you should be getting by adding a second e-mail address (we recommend gmail.com or some other free service) and set the second e-mail address as your Edit Contact Information, Alternate Email address. Then when you should be getting an email, check both systems. If one is sending it to SPAM or you are not receiving it, you have proof that ClassCreator is sending it to you and you can approach your email provider and ask why they aren't sending you emails that you want.

Friday, February 28, 2014 at 9:29 PM - Response #13

OK, I just checked my spam folder. No birthday emails there.Rolling Eyes I will set up a second email address with gmail.com in the morning when I can think better.Shocked Thanks for your help. I want to get this mystery solved so I can concentrate on the Facebook connection.
Beverly

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 1:56 PM - Response #14

Kyle,

Could you please check one of my Classmates to see if you can spot anything wrong? She claims that no birthday notice has been sent out for her birthday last year or this year (April 17th). This is for the Waggener63 web site. Her last name is Myers or Melton.

Her name is showing up on the list of upcoming birthdays and I've subscribed to her to monitor any notices.

Thanks Ted

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 2:30 PM - Response #15

Myers is set up correctly. Classmates do not get notifications of their own birthdays. They should be able to remember that date.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 2:39 PM - Response #16

Kyle,

Thanks for your help. I think she just wanted confirmation that she's still alive.

Ted

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.