ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

comments/school story-move to profile top

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 10/06/14 09:38 AM Views: 964 Replies: 3
Monday, October 6, 2014 at 9:38 AM

When you look at a profile, there is a slightly, shaded box below the pictures, which has the information: Residing In; Spouse/Partner; Occupation; Children; Birthday. If you want to see the section: Comments and School Story you must scroll to the very bottom of the page. Is there any way to put the Comments section and School Story section within the shaded box? If there are "shared comments" on the profile, the Comments and School Story are residing even farther down on the profile page. It would be so much more convenient to see comments and school story at the top of the profile page with the rest of the info. How about moving those two items so they appear at the beginning of the profile?

Barbara Rose

Monday, October 6, 2014 at 2:26 PM - Response #1

There is currently not a way to move / switch the order of these sections. It was decided, during the design process, that it would be best to keep the most current interactions to the top, as this is the information that keeps people returning time and time again to a profile.

Monday, October 6, 2014 at 4:07 PM - Response #2

Hi Barbara,
Am I dreaming or was this posted a week or so ago, Barbara? Though I know it is not possible to change, I agree with you, Barbara. The rest of the profile is lost if there are comments. I do not want to turn off comments but it is a thought as when a member shares I do not want anyone to miss it. If they do, there is not much of a point for them to come back because as far as they know... no one shares stories or more info. This makes me think about my new members... had not considered this. It may be more work as an admin to point this out to members. Will be thinking on this one.

Monday, October 6, 2014 at 4:12 PM - Response #3

A thought... might want to mention scrolling down a member's profile page so not to miss any stories and photos they may have added. A good place to do so... to save US time... would be in the welcome email. The welcome email is sent automatically when someone joins. It can be edited under Preferences.

There is one way to help members without extra work... except for a notice on the home page for current members.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.