ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Credit card calculation

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/11/12 11:23 PM Views: 1304 Replies: 4
Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Can someone please just tell me what the calculation is I have spent an hour on this thing. This is my 3rd reunion, you guys changed everything without any instructions, I am no dummy but can not find the answer.  I want to yield 12.50 for a lunch purchased by credit card.

You help would be greatly appreciated.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 11:31 PM - Response #1

IMPORTANT: Online transactions are processed through Class Creator's credit card processing system and will show up on your Classmates' statements under the billing name "Class Web Site." You can obtain your reunion funds by having a check mailed to you every 2 weeks, or you can utilize the ACH direct deposit (eCheck) feature below. If you select check payments, checks will be issued directly to you every two weeks by Class Creator whenever your account balance is greater than $50. A check will also be issued whenever your account balance has not changed for more than 60 days (this allows final checks to be sent to you when your total is less than $50). Checks are issued every other Monday and are mailed on Thursday. Please be aware that funds received from credit card payments do not become available for disbursement for 5 Business days (this hold time is imposed by the credit card providers themselves). As a result, payments made within 5 business days of the check issuance date are not released until the following check.

After saving your Reunion you will have a new "Attendees" management area where you can see a list of all Classmates attending your reunion, you can review Classmate orders and see collective order tallies, and you can see a list of all checks issued to you and exactly which transactions were included in each check. You can also see the upcoming issue date for the next check. A 4.9% processing fee will be applied to all credit card transactions (there is no fee for accepting checks). Please make sure you allot for this in the cost of your items. To find out how much to charge, divide your amount by 0.951. For example, if you want to receive $50, divide $50 by 0.951 to get $52.58 (you may wish to round up the price to the next whole dollar amount). In this way you have passed the 4.9% processing fee along to your Classmates.

NOTE: Your reunion store currently works in U.S. funds only. The store can accept international credit card orders but all transactions will be converted to U.S. funds.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 11:31 PM - Response #2

Is that hat you wanted?

Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 11:41 PM - Response #3

That's it could not find it before, I will save it for future use.

Thank you

Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 6:30 PM - Response #4

THANKYOU FOR THE EXPLANATION! We are working on settign up Credit card payments and I wanted an easy way to explain how we are charging to include any processing fees.Very Happy

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.