ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

New User Not Showing Up on "Newest Members" in Classmate Profiles

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/13/10 03:07 PM Views: 1502 Replies: 7
Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Hi -- I had a classmate sign up for the first time yesterday. She changed her name upon sign up and added the city of residence, nothing more. I added her picture and had to go in and change her name again because the change she made showed the last letter if her name was in lower case, not caps like the rest of the letters in her name. Now, whenever I click on "Newest Members" within Classmate Profiles, though, her name doesn't show up. When I click "Last Updated," however, her name does show up at the top of the list. Shouldn't she still show up on the "Newest Members" list too? Thanks, Elaine

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 4:00 PM - Response #1

I'll have to turn this one over to Programming. If a Classmate joins and enters absolutely nothing (other than a city apparently) the system doesn't consider the Profile to be a true Profile update. It has to have at least something for the system to say "aha, this is a new Profile!" I suspect it's this rationale that's also making the new member not show up on the Classmate Profiles page when sorting by Newest Members. Although there I'd think the new member should still show up on the Classmate Profiles page when sorting by Newest Members.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 1:07 PM - Response #2

Thanks for passing this onto the programmers, Brad. Since users are listed from newest to oldest via date joined, I would think that no matter when or how anyone's profile was updated they'd still be listed somewhere on the newest member list as that list appears to list everyone, including me as the first member and the date, am I right on that?

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 3:39 PM - Response #3

Yes. And I've verified that is what we do. Programming needs the name of the Classmate for further investigation.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 3:52 PM - Response #4

Hi Brad,
So I just checked the site again and son of a gun, the user is now listed under Newest Members, but she shows at the bottom of the day's list of new members when she was the last on that date to register and in between the top two showing now (the top one having registered today). I know she wasn't there yesterday. But isn't it usually listed in the order they register with the most recent (meaning the last one of the day who registered, which she was) at the top for the day? Whatever -- I'm just glad she's listed there today! Is there a place I can email you the name anyway, that doesn't show up here (for privacy reasons for this person?)if you all still want to look at it? Thanks, Elaine

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 6:38 PM - Response #5

Ah, I think that explains it. I don't believe we save the time of the day that somebody joins, just the date. I'll have to check with the programmers on that, and also see exactly when these are added to the list, either immediately or maybe only once per day. I'll find out for you.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 6:39 PM - Response #6

You can send us the Classmate's name by clicking Contact Us above. Just stick a note on there that says "For Brad regarding open support issue" so the other Support Staff will know to get it over to me.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 7:05 PM - Response #7

Just sent the name to you via "contact us." It has always appeared to me that under the Newest Members list, they were listed in the order in which they registered, though, (showing the last one for the day first). It's been fun to see their names pop up one on top of each other in the list as they register during the day. But, I thought she was the last to register that day (the others were in the right order) so should be on the top of that day's list instead of the bottom...just like she is on the Last Updated list -- this is a real nit pik, though, and certainly not a critical issue or problem since she is listed, after all, but I'll be interested to know what you find out. Thanks for the follow up! Elaine

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.