ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Slow email

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/02/13 10:29 AM Views: 1094 Replies: 16
Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Is there a problem with email today? I sent one to the class which I haven't received. Also sent a test to me that didn't go through.
Tom

Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM - Response #1

There does appear to be an issue this morning and I have alerted the email staff of the slow performance of the email server. Thanks

Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM - Response #2

For whatever it's worth, this is Day 3 of the same issue with email. Still new server issues?

Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM - Response #3

I would have to guess that new server pains it is. :|

Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 2:08 PM - Response #4

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

I would have to guess that new server pains it is. :|

The computer ate itLaughing not the dogRolling Eyes

Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 2:28 PM - Response #5

I can live with slowSmile

Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 3:31 PM - Response #6

The one to me alone went through after one hour. The one to 154 classmates took 2 hours.
Thanks for all your hard work.
Better let the technicians out for a lunch break.
I bet it's starting to smell in the server room from all the sweat! Very Happy
Tom

Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 5:36 PM - Response #7

Refraining from chiming in with bad jokes about stinky and sweaty server admins. Smile

Saturday, May 4, 2013 at 8:30 AM - Response #8

Today is the 4th and I have tried sending a test email as well as one directly to myself and 2 hours later I am still waiting for both. Looks like there are still problems.

Saturday, May 4, 2013 at 11:41 AM - Response #9

Lauren Broskow wrote:

Today is the 4th and I have tried sending a test email as well as one directly to myself and 2 hours later I am still waiting for both. Looks like there are still problems.

When was the last time you defragged your computer, also the internet has been slow due to bad weather in some parts of the go old USA\

P.S. add more Ram to your computer

Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 9:05 PM - Response #10

Slow email problems last night/today as well?

I received a 'born on this day' notification at 1:55PM today.

These NORMALLY go out sometime after 12:01 AM Central Time [the location of your server?], correct?

Monday, July 14, 2014 at 1:00 AM - Response #11

Hi Steve,

There was a lot of mail on Saturday, however, it seemed to be flowing throughout the day without any pile ups. Let me know if you see it slow again. It is possible there are delays with Yahoo that we were not able to see on this end.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 12:08 AM - Response #12

Got an Immediate this morning on my primary emal (ATT/Yahoo) at 9:18 AM but the email to my alt-listed address (Gmail) finally wandered in at 1:06 PM. That's unusual since I usually get both within a short time. At least I did get them both.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at 11:27 PM - Response #13

I believe there is a 'more recent' thread regarding slow email delivery, but I haven't taken the time find it.

I would like to propose that CC let Admin's know as soon as you feel email messages through the system are being delivered in a 'timely manner.'
Which also brings up the question:
What IS a reasonable time delay that we as Admin's should expect between the time we send an email, and the time it is received?

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at 7:25 PM - Response #14

Steve - kind of too many variables to estimate. If everything is running smoothly and then we have some multi year sites send out email blasts, the queue will build quite quickly. Then it will depend on who the ESP is as some of the ESP's are governed by specific X#emails /10minutes controlled queues so that we never hit any given ESP with too many emails at once. An interesting test would be to have alternate email addresses added to your profile from different ESPs... yahoo, gmail, verizon etc. I will say that the yahoo queue does get long because there are a TON of yahoo.com addresses in the system for members.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at 9:05 PM - Response #15

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

An interesting test would be to have alternate email addresses added to your profile from different ESPs... yahoo, gmail, verizon etc. I will say that the yahoo queue does get long because there are a TON of yahoo.com addresses in the system for members.

Scott,

Whenever I e-mail the class, I get four copies, my CC Platinum e-mail, Juno, Yahoo and 1791.

Late Monday night, I sent an e-mail to 211 classmates. I immediately logged out of my site and went to my Juno e-mail and it was already there with a time stamp of 11:49 pm. I didn’t check the other three until I read your comment above. The times indicated are:

CC Platinum – 11:50 pm
Yahoo – 11:53 pm
1791 – 11:49 pm

These quick receptions are consistent with most, but not all past results, so to answer John’s question, I expect my e-mails to the class to be virtually instantaneous. When they are not, then I now there is a problem with the system.

Now that said, the results are often quite different when a classmate sends me an e-mail through the “contact us” link. They sometimes come in hours apart.

Jim

Friday, July 25, 2014 at 5:32 PM - Response #16

Hi Jim,

When we send email out it goes to all providers. If you are seeing a delay it is most likely Yahoo. They have their own rates that they allow providers to send to them and they seem to have their own delays once emails are received into their system. I can send myself tests to my Yahoo account and get the same random response times that you do. If you have received the email at any of your addresses then it went out to all addresses copied at the same time.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.