ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Can we have more than one site administrator

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/13/08 06:39 PM Views: 1347 Replies: 4
Monday, October 13, 2008 at 6:39 PM

Can we have more than one administrator on our site? If not that would be something that we would like for you to work on in the future. Thanks.

Monday, October 13, 2008 at 7:01 PM - Response #1

Yes, you can have more than one Admin on your site. Anyone you give Admin privledges to has full access. Here are the steps from the FAQ's:

1. Log into your site and click on Manage Classmates

2. Click the "Enter/Edit Classmates Manually" button.

3. Click the Details link next to the Classmate's Name whom you wish to make an Administrator.

4. At the bottom of the details page click the checkbox to grant Administrator Privileges.

Monday, October 13, 2008 at 9:53 PM - Response #2

Awesome! Thanks so much for the response. Have a GREAT week!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 7:00 PM - Response #3

Has anyone had any problems with giving administrative rights to other people? I am a little hesitant about doing it. I have spent an unbelieveable number of hours getting our site the way I want it, and now I have someone that wants to "enhance it." I don't want to be a control freak, but I also don't want to have to start over either. Thanks, Debbie

Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 3:54 AM - Response #4

Here's a little tip: Go into every single one of your pages and click the source button. Then copy and paste all of that code into a notepad file. Save the notepad file on your local computer. Do this for every single page of your site. This way, if your other Administrator should really mess something up, you can quickly paste your original code back in there, and voila your page is back to how you last had it.

We'll ultimately be building some history entries into the visual editor, but for now you can make a quick local backup by doing what I described above.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.