ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Donations via Pay Pal

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/22/10 07:34 PM Views: 1801 Replies: 7
Monday, February 22, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Do donations to a bank account via Pay Pal to maintain a website, show the donors name, so individual Thank You notes can be sent to the person who donated?

Thanks, Larry

Monday, February 22, 2010 at 8:09 PM - Response #1

If you use the built-in Donations module that displays on the home page, that simply takes the user to the PayPal site so they can donate. There is not an automated list of donors that is displayed. However, in your PayPal Donate module you have an editable block of text before the Donate buttons displays. Many people have used that to type in a list of donors for all to see.

Monday, February 22, 2010 at 8:20 PM - Response #2

Thanks Brad.

Posting a public list of those who donated is a nice feature, I was just wondering if their was a record kept somewhere, Pay Pal, CC, or the bank
that had the name of the donor so we could send thank you notes. I didn't want $200 showing up in my bank account and not knowing who sent it.

Respectfully,
Larry Noller

Monday, February 22, 2010 at 8:24 PM - Response #3

When you receive PayPal payments there will be a complete record of who the sender is, including their name and their email address.

Monday, February 22, 2010 at 8:25 PM - Response #4

"However, in your PayPal Donate module you have an editable block of text before the Donate buttons displays. Many people have used that to type in a list of donors for all to see."

My Question: So where does "the list" that you speak of above come from?

Larry

Monday, February 22, 2010 at 8:27 PM - Response #5

Our emails crossed in cyber space.
That is all I needed to know.

Thanks Brad.

KU #1 Vs. Oklahoma tonight. Gotta Run.

Larry

Monday, February 22, 2010 at 8:28 PM - Response #6

It's not automated since the transaction is occurring only at PayPal, you'd need to add the list yourself. I.E.

1) If Sally Smith donates $10, you're going to see her name and her email address in your PayPal account.
2) Now you want to give her credit, so you
3) Click Edit Site Pages
4) Click the Edit button next to your home page
5) Click the "Manage Donations" link
6) In the Editor type something like, "Thank you to all listed below who have donated!" Then press your Enter key and begin a list.

This list will now appear above your Donate button.

Monday, February 22, 2010 at 8:52 PM - Response #7

Cool....I'll do it as soon as I get my PP acount up and running. Thanks Brad. I'm a rookie when it comes to pay pal, as I do not have a personal account, I just wanted to do things "right" the first time. After about 3 questions today on the forums and researching the forums, I think I have enough information to open an account and start
collecting some $$$$$. I coulddn't do it without you, your staff and all the great clients you have.

If you are in need of a new forum topic, you might think about starting one for Pay Pal exclusively, and let everyone post their concerns about Pay Pal under one topic heading. Just a thought.

I'm very satisfied how you have organized your site and I can usually find answers to all my questions by researching the forms.

Multi Gratsie,
Larry

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.