ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

yearbook pictures

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/13/08 05:40 PM Views: 1462 Replies: 8
Monday, October 13, 2008 at 5:40 PM

I started uploading yearbook pictures for classmates and they were showing like I wanted, up in the right corner of their profile page. I just went on the web site today to start uploading more yearbook photos and I got a message to "upgrade my photo gallery" and now my pictures are all showing up in the middle of the profile page where the pictures the classmates will post of them as "now" pictures. My photo (admin) is the only one still showing in the corner, but I can't even edit it now to see how it is set up. It is not showing up as one of my photos to edit, or change the sort #. The camera icon is also not showing up for the new photos I am uploading. I want the photos back in the right top corner and camera icons. Can anyone help?!

Monday, October 13, 2008 at 6:39 PM - Response #1

Jennie Holton wrote:

I started uploading yearbook pictures for classmates and they were showing like I wanted, up in the right corner of their profile page. I just went on the web site today to start uploading more yearbook photos and I got a message to "upgrade my photo gallery" and now my pictures are all showing up in the middle of the profile page where the pictures the classmates will post of them as "now" pictures. My photo (admin) is the only one still showing in the corner, but I can't even edit it now to see how it is set up. It is not showing up as one of my photos to edit, or change the sort #. The camera icon is also not showing up for the new photos I am uploading. I want the photos back in the right top corner and camera icons. Can anyone help?!

Uh oh... That's not good. Apparently when you went to upload one of your own personal photos into your own Profile, our system asked you to convert to the new photo utility, you did so, and as a result our system moved all of your Senior Photos into the Classmate photo area. I'm not really sure why it did that, but I'm going to have Rick Root (programmer) investigate this.

By the way, the camera icon does not show up for senior photos uploaded by an Administrator. It only shows up if the actual Classmate has uploaded photos.

We'll find and solve this problem, thanks for reporting it. The good news is, any additional Senior Photos you upload will pop back into the upper right corner like they are supposed to. Since you've already gone through the conversion process this can't happen to you again even though the bug still persists in the system. So go ahead and continue your uploading, and in the meantime we'll see if we can determine how this happened.

Monday, October 13, 2008 at 6:52 PM - Response #2

I intentionally put the year book pictures in the center so the camera icon would show up. I think it encourages people to look around the classmates section and doesn't prevent individual users from adding current photos to their profiles. As people add their own photos, I may change the position of the year book photos.

'Just my humble opinion.

Someone mentioned that it screws up the user stats, so I guess you would have to decide if that's important to you.

Edited 10/14/08 7:40 AM
Monday, October 13, 2008 at 10:33 PM - Response #3

Your senior photos were never showing up in the right hand corner. You were uploading them to the Classmate photo area all along. We know this for three reasons:

1) Migrating to the new system didn't move anybody else's senior photos to the Classmate area (i.e. we're unable to reproduce it on any other site).

2) Had our system actually done this, you'd have very small senior photos in the Classmate area (because our system resizes them that way when you initially upload them) but you have large senior photos still.

3) Going back in to upload more senior photos wouldn't have triggered the migration script that you mentioned in the first place. Senior photos are a totally separate function that does not utilize the new postlet image uploader.

So you see it's all your fault. Wink Nah I'm only teasin' ya, that's actually a very easy mistake to make. Here is what you want to do to upload senior photos:

1) Click Manage Classmates
2) Click the Enter/Edit Classmates Manually button
3) Click the Details link next to any Classmate's name
4) This is the screen where you upload Senior Photos. When you do it from here, the photos will in fact appear up in the right hand corner.

Monday, October 13, 2008 at 11:12 PM - Response #4

Embarassed
Man! I swore I was doing it that way. Thanks so much for your help. Sorry you had to look into it!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 1:16 AM - Response #5

Maybe you were and it was merely a temporal shift in the time space continuum. I hate it when that happens.

Sunday, October 19, 2008 at 11:09 PM - Response #6

Ok, I'm totally confused. I followed your instructions:
1) Click Manage Classmates
2) Click the Enter/Edit Classmates Manually button
3) Click the Details link next to any Classmate's name
4) This is the screen where you upload Senior Photos. When you do it from here, the photos will in fact appear up in the right hand corner.

. . .But my Senior (class) picture is still going to the center and not to the right side of the profile.

Now I realize I'm a "newbie" to this Admin Stuff, but I would appreciate a little advise.

Thanks in advance.

Edited 10/20/08 10:25 AM
Monday, October 20, 2008 at 2:14 AM - Response #7

Ahhhh, I see what you are doing. You added a 5th step that's not there. After step 4, you then clicked the photos tab at the top and you put your photo there. But that's the area where your Classmates put photos. You as an admin have access to that area too in case you need edit your Classmates' photos.

What you want to do is stop after step 4. Look at that page. There is a Senior Photo field and a "Browse" button next to it. It's that button you want to press to select your senior photo from your hard drive.

Monday, October 20, 2008 at 10:23 AM - Response #8

Ok ... Ok ... Now I understand ... Thank you!
I'm the "newbie" at this Admin Stuff, but may I make a suggestion. Add a fifth step to your Yearbook Photo instructions: 5)Once on this page, Do not click on the "photo" tab at the top of the page ... Scroll down to the bottom of the detail page and you will find "Yearbook Photo" this is where you enter the Yearbook photo.

Thanks again for all your help.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.