Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Questions fr a new CC Client

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/13/10 12:30 PM Views: 1555 Replies: 5
Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Hi,

A friend from the class of '58 who is just starting sent me the following:

"" Well I’m getting started, I’ve registered www.southside58.com, and have gotten positive responses from the classmates.

Before I “create the site” I want to be sure your class gets the credit. I always go to ClassCreator thru your sitebut want to be sure that’s all I have to do.

My biggest concern and I haven’t contacted them yet is the 200mb picture/file limit. I have almost 1GB myself
without classmates pics etc. So I’m hoping there is a way to increase that file limit. ""

How shall I respond to the questions about our site getting credit & the amount of file limit - is that correct?

Thanks for your help - this will also show him how helpful the CC staff is! :0) Nancee

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 12:36 PM - Response #1

He already wrote in for support on this question privately. Will copy response we sent him here:

-----
Hi Thomas,

Classmate-uploaded photos are not counted at all in your File Vault space when uploaded to their Profile pages -- only photos uploaded by Administrators. If you create a community photo gallery using Gallery Creator then Classmate-uploaded photos are counted in File Vault space.

You're probably looking at your original photo size when you quote the 1GB figure. All of those photos will be knocked down to web size though immediately upon uploading. It happens automatically and seamlessly, there is nothing you need to do to make that happen other than just uploading them. Your 200MB File Vault limit is large enough to hold about 4,000 photos.

Brad Switzer
Class Creator

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 12:53 PM - Response #2

To get the "Refer A Friend" credit, make sure he enters your promo code when it is time to subscribe.

This process cannot be done after they subscribe.

If they have clicked on your Class Creator Banner Ad on your home page, this Promo Code is already tied to them and doesn't need to be entered again on the SUBSCRIPTION page.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 1:04 PM - Response #3

Brad,
What size will a 1 Gig photo be reduced to?

I use a program called Visualizer Photo Resize.
Once you set it up, you can put photo's [or copies]you want resized into a particular folder, then with just a few clicks, you copy and resize every photo, and it puts them in a sub folder with the same name. I have done as many as 500 photo's in a matter of minutes.

I can't imagine even one of those multi year sites having 4,000 photo's, but you never know!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 1:12 PM - Response #4

Any photo over 646 pixels wide will be reduced to exactly 646 when you upload it to Class Creator. Although usually not necessary, you can further resize the photo in the built-in editor if desired.

A typical 646 pixel wide photo will be around 50K. The exact final size of the image depends on the complexity of the image and the number of colors in the image. But all will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 50K or so. It takes about 20 50K photos to equal 1 megabyte. 200 photos will take up about 10 megs. 2,000 photos will take up about 100 megs. And 4,000 photos will take up about 200 megs -- your File Vault limit.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 9:48 PM - Response #5

If you run out of space, you can also buy more space. Or you can store more pictures elsewhere on the internet and bring them into your website via their URL.

(However, some photo websites such as smugmug and others will only let you LINK to photos stored there rather than importing them to your website.)

And kind as he he, Brad will actually let you go over the limit just a smidgen. If the current photo you are uploading pushes you over, that image will still get uploaded and saved. But if you try to upload another image, Brad sends Guido to your website to... (Just kidding about Guido.)Rolling Eyes

Edited 04/14/10 9:50 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.