ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

"Contains profile information" icon on Classmate Profiles Page

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/24/08 10:29 PM Views: 1345 Replies: 4
Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 10:29 PM

Given: Because we had not only names, but addresses, and/or phone numbers and spouse names on most of our classmates, and uploaded that, the "Classmate Profiles" shows "Contains Profile Information".

Suggestion: Don't show the icon unless the classmate has actually signed in and updated his/her page. Or some alternative, perhaps. I'm not sure what triggers the "icon", I know it's not e-mail address as we have a classmate for whom all we have is an e-mail. I'm guessing it's either City/State or Spouse name as that's what shows when I look at a classmate page.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Ruth

Monday, August 25, 2008 at 2:01 AM - Response #1

1) Click on Manage Classmates
2) Click on the Enter/Edit Classmates Manually Button
3) Set your radio button to the first option (which is the default), which shows active Classmates only when they've joined your site. At some point you must have changed it.

You only want to select that second radio button if you want to show information that you're inputting on behalf of Classmates before they've joined the site.

Monday, August 25, 2008 at 11:02 AM - Response #2

Thanks Dahlin'! Probably did that in the early days (10 days ago) when I was still learning to "read carefully before acting"!

I fixed it, however, for all the dearly departed classmates for whom I entered their departure dates still show the Profile Info symbol. I think that's good... I can easily explain that one to our classmates.

Keep up all the great work you guys are doing!

R

Monday, August 25, 2008 at 1:04 PM - Response #3

We'll soon be appending a link at the bottom of the "in memory" entires back to the last active Profile. And we'll be adding the option of adding ** to the key, and a rose icon too for Classmates with an In Memory entry. All that is coming after several major upgrades currently underway, stay tuned.

Monday, August 25, 2008 at 2:44 PM - Response #4

I like the Rose! Perfect!

Edited 08/25/08 2:54 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.