ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Bounced / Notify Off

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/16/14 11:55 AM Views: 1323 Replies: 7
Tuesday, September 16, 2014 at 11:55 AM

I find it very troubling that as the administrator for my class site I am not able to correct issues on behalf of a classmate as it pertains BOUNCED emails and/or NOTIFY FLAG OFF.

As admins we should be able to fix any thing pertinent to our site.

Now that I have vented.
1. If a classmate has two emails addresses and one bounces - does the classmate get shut off or does the one email address get shut off.
2. Is there a way to obtain a listing of classmates whose email is shut down due to bounces or notify flag off.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 at 12:58 PM - Response #1

Charlie Taylor wrote:

2. Is there a way to obtain a listing of classmates whose email is shut down due to bounces or notify flag off.

Manage Classmates/Download Class List and make sure that Email Status is checked.

Friday, September 19, 2014 at 1:09 PM - Response #2

Ok - so i have a classmate that is in a BOUNCED STATUS.
1. I contact them and they say that the email address I have is correct. What is the process to get them UNBOUNCED?
2. I contact them and they give me their new email. I change it. what happens next?

I am in the age group that requires some hand holding and the need for me to do it for them when possible.

Other questions
3. Is there some way for me as admin to force an OPT IN email to the classmate.
4. Is there some way I as an admin can opt in for them?
5. If an member has multiple email addresses and one bounces - does that deactivate the classmate or just the offending email address.

Friday, September 19, 2014 at 2:25 PM - Response #3

I see Bouncebacks on the Home Page when I log in. I have personally emailed those people, not through the website, to ask them if they are receiving email from the website. If they are not, I tell them to be sure that they have our website in their contacts. I have that info on our home page, but everyone doesn't read everything. This has fixed all but one.
I hope this helps.

Friday, September 19, 2014 at 9:44 PM - Response #4

I agree. Maybe there should be a TEST we have to pass so CC gives us more trust. I'm actually serious. Laughing

Charlie Taylor wrote:

As admins we should be able to fix any thing pertinent to our site.

Sunday, September 21, 2014 at 4:39 PM - Response #5

Are you thinking 'advanced user' type status, Jack?

EDIT ADD: Wait! Then there would need to be another option: Elite

Just for you, Jack. Cool

Edited 09/21/14 4:41 PM
Sunday, September 21, 2014 at 6:32 PM - Response #6

Just for you, Gwen Rolling Eyes

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 at 4:42 PM - Response #7

Also, if one of your fellow admin's has 'deleted' the bounced notice on the Home Page, simply click:

Email The Class
then
View Bouncebacks

If your list is large, it may fill the box completely.
Simply drag the lower right hand corner of the box in which they appear to view all.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.