ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

click picture for music

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/13/08 02:31 PM Views: 1500 Replies: 10
Monday, October 13, 2008 at 2:31 PM

I would like for the viewer to click a picture and that would start a music file.

Monday, October 13, 2008 at 4:25 PM - Response #1

Storage location is usually a service like Hotlinkfiles.com or something similar. I hope this helps.

Monday, October 13, 2008 at 5:29 PM - Response #2

David W. Cates wrote:

I would like for the viewer to click a picture and that would start a music file.

What is the music file and where is it hosted? Or do you want to upload it to your web site and play it from there?

Monday, October 13, 2008 at 5:45 PM - Response #3

what ever is easy. It would be nice to not have to deal with some other service but I noticed a conversation that might mean it is not yet available.

Edited 10/13/08 5:48 PM
Monday, October 13, 2008 at 5:47 PM - Response #4

thanks Preston I will give it a try.

Monday, October 13, 2008 at 6:16 PM - Response #5

David W. Cates wrote:

what ever is easy. It would be nice to not have to deal with some other service but I noticed a conversation that might mean it is not yet available.

I ask, because if the file you have in mind is already on another server somewhere, you can seamlessly embed it right no your site. So while you are pulling it from another server, nobody would know. Let me ask it this way: Can you send me a link to the music file, or does the music file only reside on your own computer currently?

Monday, October 13, 2008 at 8:24 PM - Response #6

I can use files on other servers. At this point I only know of one place that I have used for a playlist. I have several photos and I was going to arange them with music that might match the view. I am on my home computer now and the link is on my work computer. In my "Our Music" page of our web site is a play list. from PLAYLIST.com.

Monday, October 13, 2008 at 8:59 PM - Response #7

If I'm following you, then I would make your objects clickable to your music, and have them open a new browser window.

Monday, October 20, 2008 at 12:11 PM - Response #8

Brad,
Could you elaborate on this answer... I also, would like for the classmates to click a picture and have it play music -OR-
when they open the page, I would like for the music to play automatically... but I do not want to have a Playlist... I have seen many sites that have this in place and I just don't know how to accomplish it aside from creating the Playlist.
Boy, just when I thought I was really doing well...Embarassed I try something I have never done! I guess challenge is a good thing.

If you look at my site, click the Military Classmates link and you will see the picture I have included. I am in the process of updating that page in light of Veterans Day..plus I think it just needs some "zing" to it.Very Happy

Many Thanks-
~Raquel Nelson

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 at 1:42 AM - Response #9

There are all kinds of ways to play music on a web site. Flash, mp3's, wma's, mov's, wav's, Playlist and numerous other third party plugins, etc. How to play music on your site really depends on the file format of the music you are playing, and whether the file resides on a third party web server or your own computer (and must be uploaded to Class Creator). So let me ask you the same thing:

1) What is the file type of the music you want to play?
2) Does the music reside on your own computer's hard drive, or have you found the music on a third party site? If third party, what is the exact link to the music or page you've found the music on?

Tell me exactly where the music is that you want to play, and I'll then tell you how to put it on your site.

Edited 10/21/08 1:43 AM
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 at 1:49 AM - Response #10

By the way, you can also use a Playlist but make it invisible on your page. See this thread for instructions.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.