ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Uploading pictures to page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/05/12 12:05 AM Views: 1192 Replies: 7
Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM

This may be somewhere on this site but I haven't found it! How do I upload a picture to a page without that picture displacing text? I want to add pictures next to text and the picture always moves the text. Help!

Lynn
North Miami Senior High School
Class of 1962

Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 9:25 AM - Response #1

Lynn,

You probably want to create a table and have the picture/image in one cell of the table and the text in the other cell. That way you can have the image all by itself and it won't affect the text.

If you had an example page I could look at, I could maybe help you more.

Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM - Response #2

How do you create such table you spoke of?

Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM - Response #3

Hey Kyle,

I was afraid that was going to be your answer. It makes sense, but I am not that familiar with boxes and cells. Could you please tell me how to do that?

A page example is our "In Memory" page. I had to move text down to insert the dove. I would prefer to have the dove in a different location; perhaps under the title to the right without displacing content.

Thank you again for your continued assistance!

Lynn
North Miami Class of 1962

Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 2:46 PM - Response #4

Arlene,

You can create a table on the Edit Site Pages, Edit Home Page, then click on the table icon (7th icon from the right on the top row of icons)

Lynn,

You can also click on the image and choose an alignment (Right or Left). I edited your In Memory page and changed it to RIGHT alignment. See if that is what you wanted.

You can also add your classmates to the IN MEMORY page by clicking on their name in the drop-down. (I guess you would first need to add your classmates to the system first). Maybe you are working on adding all your classmates to the system. If so, you can put a "*" next to their last name in the upload file and it will automatically add the classmate to the IN MEMORY page for you.

Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 10:03 PM - Response #5

Kyle,

Please spell it out for me how I create a table. I clicked on the "table" icon and they want to know how many rows, and the size, and I don't have a clue! If you could walk me through it like I am a first grader I would greatly appreciate it. You know, first, click on the table button, second, ??

Thanks,
Lynn Vega Pierce

Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 10:13 PM - Response #6

A Table is like a spreadsheet. It has columns and rows. The intersection of columns and rows is called a cell. If you want 1 column of information, you choose one column and how many rows you want. If you want two vertical columns of information (like a newspaper), you would choose two columns.

The best way to learn is to try it. If you make a mistake, you can always restore a backup version of your page.

Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 11:19 PM - Response #7

Thanks Kyle,

I'll give it another try!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.