ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Setting password for classmate

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/13/08 12:01 PM Views: 1214 Replies: 3
Monday, October 13, 2008 at 12:01 PM

As a brand new administrator, would appreciate being pointed in the direction of how to set up passwords for classmates. Thanks

Monday, October 13, 2008 at 12:06 PM - Response #1

You don't want to do that. You would have to literally join your site on behalf of every one of your Classmtes, and then give them their password individually. And even if you did this, which would take forever, then all of your Classmates would miss the signup instructions and would basically have no idea what they're doing.

What you want to do is simply input you Class List and any information you have about your Classmates (especially email address if you have it). Then use the "Email The Class" option to invite all of your Classmates to join your site. They will create their own passwords during the signup process.

Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 9:57 AM - Response #2

Brad, I know this is a reply to a 3-year old question, but I have a unique issue. The classmate who wants to join is physically impaired by a stroke, and has asked me to create his account and enter his password so he can browse our site. Can you think of a way I can accomplish this? I can't find the way. Thanks for your help - Larry Gilbert. www.rockyriver63.com

Sunday, October 23, 2011 at 10:03 AM - Response #3

The only way to do this is fill out the wizard for the classmate. To do this, you need to log out of your website, click on Classmate Profiles, then click on the classmate's name, and then click JOIN HERE, fill out his information, then in one of the comment fields, you might want to say that any messages sent to this classmate will be sent to you and you will pass on the messages.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.