ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

New IM Feature?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/21/10 04:46 PM Views: 1985 Replies: 8
Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 4:46 PM

I use a tabbed browser and generally have 6-7 tabs open including my class CC site. I just noticed that when someone IM'd me it changed the NAME of the tab of my CC website. (I've since reloaded, but it read something like "Char IM...")

Is this a new feature? Or have I failed to notice it in the past? Whichever, I like it.

I still get the 'chirp' audio cue when someone has logged on to the website, of course.

John

Edited 07/21/10 4:46 PM
Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 4:50 PM - Response #1

Hmmm, good question. It's nothing we did specifically. Maybe it's your browser doing that when something on another tab has changed. Sounds pretty cool, whatever it is. Smile

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 4:54 PM - Response #2

Brad Switzer wrote:

Hmmm, good question. It's nothing we did specifically. Maybe it's your browser doing that when something on another tab has changed. Sounds pretty cool, whatever it is. Smile

Chrome on a Windows machine. I have so few people IM me that it may take weeks to have it happen again. Unless you can sign on and IM me...

I'll do a screen grab the next time I see it.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 5:49 PM - Response #3

I use IE8 and the CC tab on mine will change to show the name of the person that has sent me an IM. Noticed it and have gotten used to it ~ not a challenge for me . . .

Abe

Edited 07/21/10 10:07 PM
Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 8:51 PM - Response #4

Happens on Foxfire as well noticed about two weeks ago

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 11:01 PM - Response #5

Mine has been doing it since the beginning. IE8

Margaret

Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 12:52 AM - Response #6

Brad Switzer wrote:

...It's nothing we did specifically... Smile

Next time, you might not want to jump in with this kind of comment. You could have waited and said "..we thought it would be a special touch for our great Class Creator Clients..." Laughing

Edited 07/22/10 12:53 AM
Saturday, August 28, 2010 at 12:04 PM - Response #7

I see that when I leave the tab/window open I'm getting a notice that I've been "disconnected from the server" which seems to be related to the IM function.

I assume this is a function recently added so that it won't look to others that people who leave their window to the website open are actually online? Question

What is the timeout set to for this? Question

Edited 08/28/10 12:05 PM
Saturday, August 28, 2010 at 12:30 PM - Response #8

15 minutes of total inactivity. I.E. if you haven't hit a key or moved your mouse for 15 minutes you time out so you don't continue to appear logged on to others. We also did this for the sake of the "listener". the listener takes up resources so if somebody just walks away from their computer with the site still open there's no reason to unnecessarily consume resources until the person comes back. As soon as they do anything at all they'll reconnect to IM and the listener fires up again.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.